Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

DH Probation Review for Domestic Assualt. Never took classes! I'm worried!

Posted by   + Show Post

Before you pounce telling me it wasn't my fault what he did, that he needs to pay the price, I know. Trust me, I know. 

The incident happened almost a year ago. He had just been laid off from a great job. We thought he had landed an even greater job overseas, but it fell through. This forced us to move in with my parents, he had to get on unemployment...and naturally we became stressed and never comunicated. Things were bound to get ugly and one day they did. I did the only thing I knew to do in a moment of being scared, and I called the cops. I never wanted to be that kind of girl, but that day I really didn't know where to turn. 

It was the best thing that ever happened to our marriage. For us, personally. He realized how much we never talked, and his anger was out of hand. I realized that it was over money, and not comunicating, but I wanted to know I was safe. 

In court all the judge requested was that my husband be on "Unsupervised Probation" for one year, if he wanted his record expunged. When it was my turn to speak, I requested Anger Managerment, and for our No-Contact Order to be dropped so we could seek counseling. We had already budgeted Anger Management classes and were prepared to pay. However, he was ordered a 26 week course of Anger Management for spouses. The classes are 100 dollars a class. Around the same time we found out what these classes would cost, we also found out we would be welcoming another child. 

So in the midst of being exicted with our blessing and our marriage getting stronger after this horrible incident, we were deveasted month after month when we never had the money to send him to these classes. {Only recently was I infomed they offer financial help with these things, but I would say it's too late for that option now, given court is next Monday. I had no idea they offered assistance to these matters.}

Upon realizing we could not afford classes we took matters into our own hands. We have learned to talk and communicate by participating in counseling with a prior pastor, as well participating in Christain Marriage books such as The Love Dare. 

Point is: Court is next Monday for this "Probation Review." The form given by the judge, clearly shows he only wanted probation. In someone elses handwriting it is included that I, personally, requested Spousal Anger Management Classes. 

My question is, what can I expect to happen to DH, next week? I understand if the judge gets strict, he can face the jail time associated with that he did. However, I'm curious if the judge only thought he needed probation, will he focus more on the face that DH successfully completed that? Will I be able to speak on his behalf of the missed classes, since I originally requested them? I'm scared to lose my hubby to jail, but I want an idea of what to expect going into this. I'm just stressed.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (31-31):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like your dh is between a rock and a hard place. It's unfortunate for you since you just had a baby, but he can only blame himself if he goes to jail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN