Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Help on feeding infant

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

It's been a long time since I've had a baby... Now I need some help figuring out when/what to feed the 9 month old.

My original schedule was
9:00a
Breakfast 1/2 jar of stage 3 baby food (fruit) with oatmeal mixed in it *with juice in a sippy
11:00a 6oz bottle 
12:30p Lunch 1/2 jar of stage 3 baby food (meal) *with juice in a sippy
(Nap 1-3)
3:00p 6oz bottle
5:00p Dinner 1/2 jar of stage 3 babyfood (meal *with juice in a sippy
8:00p 6oz bottle

Is that to much? not enough? Should I be doing bottles with the baby food? Is that to much baby food? If I can remember when my were this little {long long time ago it seems}, they were eating regular soft foods (eggs, oatmeal, etc) by this age.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kandiface
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I should also add that he gets fed another bottle after being picked up and before she lays him down for the night (around 10pm).

psych_mom
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Does the mom have a schedule that she had him on before you started keeping him? I feed my kids soft foods at this age, but I breast feed so that was an on demand thing, they were never on a schedule with that.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:06 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Looks like a lot to me but maybe not,
Sorry not much help :)

friend8622
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:32 AM

If he gets 4 bottles at 9 months, I think that is plenty.  Sounds good to me! 

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I think it sounds fine..  Why not double check with your PEDI?  Can you just call and ask?  My baby is 5 years so I'm rusty too :)

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM

No she just fed him when he got fussy or when he'd wake up from a nap. He takes more naps at his home (literally every 2 hours she was laying him down for an hour) then he does here (he gets one long nap midday). 

He is not breastfed (just to clarify that point). I just dont want to be overfeeding him or underfeeding him y'know?

Quoting psych_mom:

Does the mom have a schedule that she had him on before you started keeping him? I feed my kids soft foods at this age, but I breast feed so that was an on demand thing, they were never on a schedule with that.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I didn't think he was breast feed, I was saying that bc I never had to do a formula schedule. I would think that this age most of his nutrition would come from more food than formula but I have no clue, lol.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

No she just fed him when he got fussy or when he'd wake up from a nap. He takes more naps at his home (literally every 2 hours she was laying him down for an hour) then he does here (he gets one long nap midday). 

He is not breastfed (just to clarify that point). I just dont want to be overfeeding him or underfeeding him y'know?

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Honestly DD is 6 so I don't remember. Lol! I should figure it out soon though since Timmy's getting there. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Sorry but I don't remember. I think we fed him as much as he wanted

The amount of juice he is drinking is really high. Juice is empty sugar calories. I would eliminate it entirely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)