Turkey and stuffing in my crock pot.. - updated in a post..
I'm putting a LOT of effots into making a YUMMY dinner tonight.. I googled and found this YUMMY looking recipe.
- 1 (6-oz.) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 (2 1/2-lb.) bone-in, skin-on turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
1. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions; let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Coarsely crumble cornbread (about 3 cups).
2. Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey to skillet, skin side down, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to skillet, and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Stir together onion mixture, stuffing mix, eggs, low-sodium chicken broth, and crumbled cornbread in a large bowl.
5. Place stuffing mixture in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with turkey, skin side up. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170° and stuffing registers 165°. Remove turkey from slow cooker, and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
I ALSO found this recipe and realized the bacon sounded YUMMY but that it wasn't a crock pot recipe so I combined them.. I hope it pays off..
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (8" x 8") pan baked cornbread, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (4-6 pound) turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
Add thyme, crumbled cornbread, chicken broth, egg, poultry seasonings, pecans, and bacon. Place in roasting pan.
Press down on turkey breast to crack slightly so breast will sit upright. Place over stuffing, pushing stuffing under turkey. Rub skin with 2 tablespoons butter and pour 1 cup chicken broth into pan.
Roast at 350 degrees F for 2-1/2 to 3 hours until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Cover and let stand 10 minutes, then slice turkey and serve with stuffing. Serves 6