Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

It's on fire again =(

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 27 Replies

The reservation my husband is from is on fire again. You may remember last year, our family's ranch was threatened w/ fire.

This current fire has been raging since the midnight hour of Teusday. It started the night we left and we didn't know about it until we got home.

This fire is the largest in Montana history. It started on the Northern Cheyenne reservation. This fire is getting absolutely no news-time & they aren't getting the help that other places in country would be getting. 

TONS of their firefighters have been dispatched to New Mexico and at least TWO teams of volunteer firefighters have been TURNED AWAY when they came to help with the fires on the reservation!!!

This fire has destroyed lives and homes in at least two districts on the reservation. It's destroyed over 110,000 acres of reservation land. 

DH and I are trying to keep up with everything going on and staying in touch w/ our family and friends on the rez.

If you pray---PLEASE keep the people of the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in your prayers!! I know there are fires all over the nation right now..I pray for them as well. But these people aren't getting the help they need.

This fire has been going for days and is only 5% contained (was the last info i had). Please...please pray for them!

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Sarah sending up prayers right now!

Ladybug.Hugs
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I know it has me super worried....Everyone up there is talking about how horrible it is..

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I am in tears here. 

The pictures are so scary and horrible. I just keep praying for rain. for something! some kind of miracle!

Quoting Ladybug.Hugs:

I know it has me super worried....Everyone up there is talking about how horrible it is..

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

TY TY ...they need it!!

Quoting psych_mom:

Sarah sending up prayers right now!

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Info here(says lightning started it but it did not. there was no lightning in the area. I was there!): http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2958/

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

telecomgirl

Definitely...I'm saying prayers right now. Please keep us updated if you can...

praying

Ladybug.Hugs

I know, I've seen the pictures..and some pics from ted's family...Very scary.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I am in tears here. 

The pictures are so scary and horrible. I just keep praying for rain. for something! some kind of miracle!

Quoting Ladybug.Hugs:

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

more photos:

Two fire trucks!! TWO!!!??

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM

TY! will do.

Quoting telecomgirl:

Definitely...I'm saying prayers right now. Please keep us updated if you can...

praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN