Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ice cream truck?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have one?  If so do they only offer the novalties or can  you get soft serve??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM

about the same. 

i remember when they used to sell some of their ice creams for 50-75 cents off that truck!! LOL 

I will have to stop it one day just to see how much everything is for sure. i used to love the ice cream truck. my girls get excited for it when they hear it but geez, i can't justify spending almost 3$ for ONE thing when i can get 12 for the same price. lOl

Quoting rocamom:

What do they get for them? Ours are $2 to $2.50 each thing.. Luckily Emily sticks around $2 and I only buy 1 (unless I want one).. It does suck because I can get a whole box of ice cream sandwiches for about $2.50 but it's a treat and she's happy..

Quoting SassyWildflower:

we do & it's the same one that was runing around when *I* was a kid!! They are super expensive compared to what they used to be. The only serve novelties.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Last summer we had a different truck that sold most the stuff for about $1 which was GREAT!!  They didn't have much to pick from but who cares..  I haven't see that truck around YET this summer but you never know..

Quoting SassyWildflower:

about the same. 

i remember when they used to sell some of their ice creams for 50-75 cents off that truck!! LOL 

I will have to stop it one day just to see how much everything is for sure. i used to love the ice cream truck. my girls get excited for it when they hear it but geez, i can't justify spending almost 3$ for ONE thing when i can get 12 for the same price. lOl

Quoting rocamom:

What do they get for them? Ours are $2 to $2.50 each thing.. Luckily Emily sticks around $2 and I only buy 1 (unless I want one).. It does suck because I can get a whole box of ice cream sandwiches for about $2.50 but it's a treat and she's happy..

Quoting SassyWildflower:

we do & it's the same one that was runing around when *I* was a kid!! They are super expensive compared to what they used to be. The only serve novelties.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM

there's one in town. You can get everything from novelties to soft serve to smoothies, etc....

hugss
Take some *Time Out for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:43 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Been awhile but he still comes down the street usually in summers :)

gma12.1
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM

We do used to come around everyday at dinner time. Drove me nuts cause kids wanted ice cream every time and they are to expensive to get everyday. They only have the novelty.

telecomgirl
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Only novelties are served by the trucks around us.

OJP
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM
They aren't allowed where I live. - Such a shame it's a memory I so enjoyed!
Dontchawishuknu
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM

We do....and it's just novelty stuff.  Gotta go to Dairy Queen for soft serve.

pampire
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Trucks are pretty common here.  I've never seen one selling soft serve.

nf1
by Nina on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM
We do,but not soft serve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)