Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

That's it... I am officially a bad mom, lol.

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 42 Replies

Last night my poor kids had to eat sandwiches for dinner and tonight it was canned ravioli. I am failing them as a mom. My husband is going to have to learn to cook if this keeps up, lol. Tomorrow night they are having pancakes and beyond that they will be lucky if they get anything nutritious because I am not walking around the grocery store until my kidneys stop screaming in pain. Luckily they understand and don't really care what they eat as long as they have food. They would be happy if I let them eat ice cream for all three meals, lol.

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM

You terrible, horrible mother! You should not be allowed to have such precious blessings!!

ROFLOL!!!!!!

I suppose i'm horrible too b/c where it's been so hot, we had sandwiches and chips for dinner the other night and tonight i did pancakes, canteloup and yogurt for the kids. lOl

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM

haha we did pancakes, ruit and yogurt for my kids the other night.  And it wasn't even one of those it's too hot to cook nights..it was a I don't feel like doing anything too hard so lets whip up some pancake mix and call it dinner...lol My kids love pancakes, they would eat them and the fruit and yogurt for all 3 of their meals.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

You terrible, horrible mother! You should not be allowed to have such precious blessings!!

ROFLOL!!!!!!

I suppose i'm horrible too b/c where it's been so hot, we had sandwiches and chips for dinner the other night and tonight i did pancakes, canteloup and yogurt for the kids. lOl

SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I will say my pancakes are always from scratch..lOl.. At least i have that going for me! LOL

my kids are the same way! they love them!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

haha we did pancakes, ruit and yogurt for my kids the other night.  And it wasn't even one of those it's too hot to cook nights..it was a I don't feel like doing anything too hard so lets whip up some pancake mix and call it dinner...lol My kids love pancakes, they would eat them and the fruit and yogurt for all 3 of their meals.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

ROFLOL!!!!!!

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a bad mom, at least your kids are being fed!! We all go through times like that when we feel like we are bad mom's for what our kids eat! Hope you feel better!

sreichelt26
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM

hey. you do what you gotta do. when we had a busy day or my mom just didn't feel like cooking, we'd have whatever for dinner - whether that was cereal, popcorn, or ice cream. you have an even better reason ;)

3cutiebugs
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Sick days are a perfectly good reason to have a less nutritional meal!
I'm exhausted today, so we had quesadillas and chips ... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I might be way out of the loop but..  everything okay?  What's going on with your kidneys?  (hugs)

psych_mom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I just have a kidney infection is all. I am on Cipro for 10 days and it seems to be taking its sweet time doing it's job.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I might be way out of the loop but..  everything okay?  What's going on with your kidneys?  (hugs)

psych_mom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, right. Someone come get them and make sure they have organic, free range chicken and homemade bbq sauce pronto with veggies on the side that are home grown that they hate being forced to eat, lol. Last night it was really too hot to cook much of anything. I know it was around 103 or 104.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

ROFLOL!!!!!!

psych_mom
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Mine really, really, really love pancakes and bacon and that was on the menu for tonight but I didn't want to stand up that long.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

ROFLOL!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN