Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

So my youngest will start Kindergarten in September..  What I'm torn about is me going back to work..

There are several jobs open in our town at the different schools we have.. What I'm SO torn about is that most of the jobs start August 27th.. Since our youngest is entering kindergarten on the 28th we have open door day which is when you go and meet your teachers and fun stuff.. Then the 29th is her ride along day.  They have 1 parent go on the bus with the child and see her class and I get to fill out LOTS of paperwork and it's SUPER FUN!!  So, if I applied for any of the open jobs (several I'm qualified for and MANY I am not since I'm not a teacher) what would happen for all of this fun stuff.  I don't want to miss it but I also don't want to miss an opportunity to get a job that would help our family.  I don't NEED a job but it would certainly help to have the extra cash coming in..  UGH!!!  I'm just SO TORN!!  I could wait until school has started and see what's still open if anything..  I did apply for a cafeteria worker position because it's more of a substitute position and that I could totally swing :) It's only when others call in sick.  It sounds PERFECT for getting started.  UGH!!  I just don't know what to do..

My hubby is MORE than supportive and has said "do whatever you want to do.  If you want to work then work, if you don't then don't."  I love him!!! 

I guess I just needed to talk about it.. I don't think it makes sense to apply for a job and miss all the fun with my daughter.. HHHMMM 

Thanks for listening :) :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Replies (21-25):
Jaydensmommy25
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
shes torn cuz she doesnt want to miss all of her DDs starting school activities.... Shes starting kindergaten not middle school! So i see why she would be torn!

Quoting dingysfamily:

IMO, if you were really ready to go back to work ... you wouldn't be so torn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

OH I DO NOT want to go back to work but I do know the benefit the extra income would have on my family.. We have learned to live off my husbands paycheck so it would ALL be extra and that would mean good things if I found a job that made decent money.. BUT I don't want to miss the fun with my daughter and her starting kindergarten.. So it's REALLY hard to make this decision..

I am leaning more towards just seeing what's open in September and hopefully I can find something within the school system..

Quoting dingysfamily:

IMO, if you were really ready to go back to work ... you wouldn't be so torn.

EDDES
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

you are ok with this now & your hubby is definitely a keeper! Good for u.way to go

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM

He's a guy so he can give me a headache when he wants to but honestly he's a great man and father.. We BOTH grew up with moms that were home for several years I just want to be able to do work on our house and I know me working would help that stuff.. OH WELL it will all come in due time :) :)

Quoting EDDES:

you are ok with this now & your hubby is definitely a keeper! Good for u.way to go

nf1
by Nina on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm agree with you

Quoting happysunsets:

Jmo- if your able to stay home stay home and enjoy it :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)