Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

bridezilla?.. maybe...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 21 Replies
So my twin sister is now engaged, which is wonderful news, but she has hurt my feelings. Ever since we were little, we have always talked about how we would be each others made of honor and she already told me I was, but she wanted to formally ask me. When she formally asked me, she also brought up the fact that her best friend is also her maid of honor and she will be the pne to plan the shower and bachelorette party and help plan for the wedding. She told me her reasoning behind that was because she couldnt choose between her BFF and her sister.. Ouch.. Right?.. I have been looking forward to this since I was little and all she has given me is a shared title and a position beside her in the wedding.. Im not allowed to help plan or help put on the party or shower...feels like a slap in the face as her sister... And I talked to her just to be honest not to have her change anything because whats done is done but she was super defensive.. She flipped out because its "her wedding! Not mine.. She makes the decisions, whether I like it or not" I was pretty shocked how she took it..Sorry yall I needed to vent....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Sorry your feelings were hurt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Wow... so sorry that she did you that way. I think that I would have politely declined to be co-maid of honor.

friend8622
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I would be upset too!  I think if I did it that way, I would have had the friend and sister both plan them together, or have one plan the one and the other plan the other.  I'm sorry! Hugs. 

BeautifulBottom
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Thanks yall.. Oh and she just text me just now out of no where(when this convo happened yesterday)saying "btw I knew you were gonna have a problem with this! No matter what I would have done you wouldnt be happy.. Either making just katie the maid of honor or having yall share that position..... " that is just pushing the knife in deeper.. I cant understand why she would flip out on me when she already knew it would hurt my feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

This.

Quoting psych_mom:

Wow... so sorry that she did you that way. I think that I would have politely declined to be co-maid of honor.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Some positions just can't be shared by two people. and for the most part I feel like MOH is one of those. Well I guess it could be, if she allowed you to plan the shower and the other moh to do the bachlorette party, or vice versa. But it feels like she "asked" you just to placate you but the real MOH is her bff. Of course if she just wanted her bff that's her choice, it's her wedding. but she handled it all wrong, and I understand why you're hurt. I would tell her that she can just leave all that stuff to her bff, it's not worth the drama. 

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting friend8622:

I would be upset too!  I think if I did it that way, I would have had the friend and sister both plan them together, or have one plan the one and the other plan the other.  I'm sorry! Hugs. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Why cant you and the BFF co-host the showers and parties?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Yeah I kind of wondered the same thing too?

Quoting Paperfishies:

Why cant you and the BFF co-host the showers and parties?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I can understand her wanting to share the position but I don't understand why that means you can't help plan anything...  Well GOOD LUCK and I hope it all works out.. it is your sisters wedding and it's her one and only special day..  I wasn't even in my brothers wedding so I feel that you should feel blessed.. My SIL had her way and they had a small wedding and I am my brothers ONLY sibling and wasn't even in the wedding..  That HURTS..  at least you are in the wedding..  Well as I said.. GOOD LUCK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)