Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Have you ever had outside decorations stolen or damaged?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

Growing up our neighbors, who didn't like my parents, would steal everything my mom put out. She eventually stopped putting decorations out. That made me skeptical of putting things out so I rarely did. Where I live now we have put some things out here and there. I had really cute little light up trees up the side of the sidewalk to the house. They had to be plugged in in order to light up and someone cut the wiring between each tree. I have no idea why someone would do things like that. We don't have any enemies here and I don't understand why people would do it just to be cruel. What about you?

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I think people do things like cutting wires just because they are mean-spirited. I don't think it has anything to do with how they feel about you.

telecomgirl
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I haven't, no.

That's so messed up though :(

psych_mom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I haven't. Sounds like a mean hearted person that did that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I have outside decorations and never had a problem with people messing w/anything..My mom on the other hand has had a bad time with people stealing so she doesn't put anything out...Once someone stole a sago palm from the yard..It was so big and pretty..I was so  upset..Who steals a plant..smh.

SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

i'm so sorry!! That was a nasty, hateful person!

I've never had any issues around here. Our neighbors (for the most part) keep an eye on eachother's homes and things. If anyone tried anything, they'd call the cops ASAP.

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Personally not decorations stolen out front, my sister just had her walkway lights stolen she lives 3 blocks from me, we did have someone steal our kids wagon though!

snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Yes I have and to this day I'm super pissed off at whoever decided to make off with my beautiful light up snowman! Hubbs gave him to me one year before Christmas! He knew I really wanted this snowman he was so beautiful and unique looking.... My daughter was 3 years old at the time we had him in are front yard for a few days before christmas. One morning my daughter started screaming someone took Chili Momma! I looked out and he was gone... They even stole my extension cord too. I get so mad when I think about! I have a great husband though he knew I was so upset and went out and bought me another snowman. He's not like Chili but he pretty cool and I keep him inside next to the Christmas tree every year! I won't put anything outside every again......

snowgirl

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I have NEVER had anything stollen however I did witness someone go onto my neighbors porch a lady took some stuff..  I got her plate # and called my neighbor at work.. SO SAD when people have to be such jerks and take stuff that isn't theirs..

I put stuff out every Holiday and I haven't had any issues.

Ladybug.Hugs
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I've haven't had to deal with anything like that..yet...Both of my neighbors on each side of me, we talk quite a bit, even my family talks to them when they come to my house...We look out for their houses and they look out for ours...

Sagely
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I had a cute little ghost that would jiggle and bounce around in the wind that I stuck next to the mailbox.

It was stolen.  

Everyone else in the neighborhood decorates, so I'm just waiting to find my ghost in someone else's yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)