Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

If you loaned a friend or co-worker $100, they never paid you back..what would You do?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is just in theory, wondering how you would handle this one..

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Replies (21-27):
friend8622
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Good question, I would probably just bring it up nicely and say something like, were you able to pay me back yet?

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I loaned money once. When I was in high school. To my brother who was in college & my mom was crying because she was so worried about how broke he was. I wrote a check & told him it was a loan until he got back on his feet. Never saw a dime from him, & never loaned money to anyone else again.

So, I wouldn't loan it, but if I did I wouldn't expect it back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smile357
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

We don't loan money out. We seriously can't afford it. Me and my girlfriend will however do things in trade sometimes. She also knows that when I have the money I will pay her. She does the same with us. She is the only one we do this with.

momof3superkids
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I have done this and told my co-worker just to pay it forward. She had just found out she had cancer the week before and then her fiance lost his job that day. She was telling me about how much they were going through and that she had no idea how she was going to handle all of their bills and deal with her cancer treatments. My dh and I had just gotten our tax return and it was a considerable amount. I gave her the $40. cash I had so she could get groceries or put gas in her car or whatever she needed and told her if she needed any help to ask. She was shocked and very grateful that I was there for her as a friend and co-worker and willing to help her however I could. Before she could say anything about paying it back I just told her when she wasn't going through so much to pay it forward to someone else in whatever way she could. I felt good about it and have never regreted helping her out. Unfortunately our company let her go 2 weeks later and she never stayed in contact with me.

sreichelt26
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

In all honesty- when i lend money my expectation is that i won't get it back..I never lend out more than i can afford to lose/not get back..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Southern.Lady
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I only loan money to family...They ALWAYS pay me back....but if they didn't I would let it go, because they're family...BUT if I ever loaned money to a friend, how I would handle it really just depends on which friend it is, and my personal opinion of them...

nf1
by Nina on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Nothing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN