National Cheesecake Day!!
Do you like cheesecake?
What you Need:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup of biscuit crumbs
Frozen mixed berries
What you Do:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. In a second larger bowl beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar with a electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture gradually and mix until just combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.
5. Line your baking tray with baking paper and place the biscuit crumbs in a shallow bowl. (I wasn't able to find Graham Crackers, but I had Scotch Finger biscuits which I broke up with a rolling pin)
6. Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and gently roll the balls in the crumbs ensuring they are completely covered in the biscuits. Place the balls evenly spaced apart on the baking sheets to allow for the cookies to spread as they cook.
7. Make an indentation in the center of each ball so that you can fill with 3-4 berries in the center.
8. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes on the tray after which you can transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM