Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

When is the last time you & your DH went on a date, just the two of you?

What did you end up doing?  

Do you think time alone together is important?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Replies (21-25):
telecomgirl
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM

June 30th, the day I turned 30....DH took me out to dinner. I love date nights! :)

Wait, you said "just the two of you"...we did bring along baby, she's too small to leave behind still. haha

So our last absolutely alone date night was at the end of March before her birth. We went to the Outback Steakhouse alone....left the kids with my brother :)

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

My Grandmother told me that the biggest mistake she sees young couples make is completely putting aside the needs of the marriage when they have kids. She told me before I got married that I needed to remember that this was the man that I promised to spend the rest of my life with and I needed to be very aware that someday it would be just us two after the kids were grown and it would be a shame if we found out that we spent so much time being a mom and dad that we forgot how to be a husband and wife. Best marriage advice I've ever gotten hands down. We've been together 15 years now and married for 9 and I think part of the reason we are still so happy is following this advice!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Love this!! I completely agree!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

We go twice a month to dinner, a movie, sometimes shopping or out with friends. I think alone time is very important. Someday our son is going to be grown up and out on his own and it will just be me and Aaron again, we want that spark to still be there and we intend to keep it burning!

friend8622
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I can't remember it's been so long! :(

lillucky8
by Jen on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I cannot even remember. Maybe for our anniversary in 10 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM
This past saturday. We went out of town for our anniversary! Spent the day shopping & being lazy in the hotel room then went out to eat for supper then came back to the room & had some ice cream & was lazy :)! It was very fun! And much needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)