Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do You Get Ready Everyday?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm a SAHM and I have trouble getting ready everyday.  I stay in my pajamas almost all day on some days.  I hardly do my makeup and hair, even when my SO is home.  I feel like I should be doing these things but I just can't push myself.  I mean, my mom and sister shower everyday, get makeup on, get dressed, do their hair, even if they have nothing planned for the day.  Why am I so careless?  How do I motivate myself?  TBH, some days I don't even shower, sometimes for 2-3 days ....... :(

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Don't you feel all oily and gross if you don't shower for 2-3 days?  I shower every day either before work or after I workout.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I usually am at home almost every day,
I shower every day & most days will pout on make up & do my hair
Now there are a few days where I might not do make up ..
ut I always shower .. makes me feel so much better :)

BShip2010
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I feel disgusting if I don't shower, but I can't make myself do it.  I keep DD bathed and clean though.  Another gross thing is that I don't brush my teeth as much as I should.  Ugh, it's depressing.

pmsforlife
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I shower every day but bf prefers me in sweats or bball shorts:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BShip2010
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM

SO HATES bball shorts lol but I wear them to bed sometimes :)  Plus, right now he is training for his new job 6hrs away so I'm home all week and every other weekend alone or with DD ..

pmsforlife
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Lol me either. I don't go more than 24hrs but if I don't go anywhere I don't brush. Eeeeew I'm gross, but still have georgeous teeth!!

Quoting BShip2010:

I feel disgusting if I don't shower, but I can't make myself do it.  I keep DD bathed and clean though.  Another gross thing is that I don't brush my teeth as much as I should.  Ugh, it's depressing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I do get ready every day, yes. Shower, makeup, hair, clothes, etc.

Honestly, I do it because it makes me feel good. I feel put together, more confident and ready to take on the day...even if my day really is only spent caring for my baby or cleaning the bathroom.

Do you actually want to do makeup daily? or any of those things your mom & sister do? If you don't, that's really ok. Not everybody wants or needs styled hair, daily makeup, or to get fully dressed. As long as you're happy, the kids are happy and  cared for, I don't see a problem.

But if you aren't happy, it's as simple as making yourself do something different and figuring out what would make you happier. Even forcing yourself to do something you don't want to see if it changes how you feel may be worth it too... :)

BShip2010
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I do want to do that stuff but I find it hard to actually make myself do it.  I have panic attacks and take pills for the anxiety/depression, so I don't really go out much because of the panic attacks... Blah :(

laniramommy
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Yes i do. I am on summerbreak right now (i work as a preschool teacher) but the first thing i do when i wake up is shower. ,get dressed, brush my teeth , etc etc.
Also before ,when i was still a sahm i did the same thing.
i never sleep in either. Always get up early ( workdays 5.30. Free days 6.30- 7.00) otherwise its such a waste of the day in my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

What time does your husband leave for work?  Could you try to get up and get motivated before he leaves.. I had days like you are saying but I never went more than 2 days without a shower.  Your child is 2 1/2 can they play by themselves even if in the bathroom with you so you can shower?  I think the key will be if you shower and get dressed you will feel better.  Also what about having a plan for the day.. Maybe plan to go to the park or find a local play groups..  Call some churches (I'm not religous but found a great one at a local church).. 

GOOD LUCK and I think you will find that many of us have been through something similar..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)