Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

I'm a SAHM of a 2-year-old .. She is almost 3 and I love that I get to stay home with her.  But this is the issue.  I have been dealing with panic attacks since I was a freshman in high school.  I'm now 23 and I had a point where everything was fine and normal but now it's back to being hard again.  I can't hold down a job because of it, I can't go on vacation because of it, I can hardly go shopping because of it and I have a hard time leaving town because of it.  I just feel like there is nothing for me.  I don't have many friends anymore because I don't go out and drink or party and sometimes I don't even feel like hanging out with friends anyway.  I can't motivate myself to do anything.  I clean some and cook some but as for eBay, I had a store and closed it and just gave up on it.  I've given up on school because I see no reason for it since I can't have a job anyway, thanks to my panic attacks.  I am depressed and sad and just fed up.  I don't know what to do.......

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-12):
campeno
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I recommend meditation as a free, do-it-at-your-own-convenience, tool. I had anxiety and instead of meds, tried meditation. It changed my life. Yoga also helps....breathwork does amazing things. It sounds too simple but it really is effective.

Seek help as well. You need consistent prefoessional help to determine the etiology of your panic/anxiety and in turn rectify it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilverBorne
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Do you exercise regularly? The endorphins may help (a little bit) to supplement your meds and other endeavors. I have found jogging, my Zumba DVD, and just sweating to be quite therapeutic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN