Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital at any time during your life?

((Not including having a child))

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (21-27):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
It was very scary. I had my dd who was 10 months at the time and my hubby was deployed. It was like the week right before Christmas. They had caught it early and didn't know which form I had, bacterial or viral. Luckily it was viral..I still have horrible migraines from it and back pain from my spinal tap.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

That's so scary! A guy in our church just got out of the hospital from that. They thought he would die from it. He's a walking miracle for sure!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

In December of 2008 I was admitted to the icu for about a week due to meningitus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

so glad you made it through that!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

It was very scary. I had my dd who was 10 months at the time and my hubby was deployed. It was like the week right before Christmas. They had caught it early and didn't know which form I had, bacterial or viral. Luckily it was viral..I still have horrible migraines from it and back pain from my spinal tap.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

That's so scary! A guy in our church just got out of the hospital from that. They thought he would die from it. He's a walking miracle for sure!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

In December of 2008 I was admitted to the icu for about a week due to meningitus.

letstalk747
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

nope

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yes, I've had a few major things. 

SilverBorne
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Nope (knock on wood)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friend8622
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Yes, I went to my family doctor complaining that I was having some sever gallbladder problems and she told me it was the flu.  I flat out told her, THIS IS NOT THE FLU!  When she finally listened to me and looked at me she told me, "Oh, you need to go to be admitted to the hospital right now!"  I had to be sent to another hospital and wait in the ER for about an hour before anybody would look at me, almost passed out from the pain.  They finally admitted me and I had a gall stone lodged in my small intestines, jaundice, and extremely bad pancreatitis!  I ended up staying in the hospital for 5 days when a simple gallbladder surgery is supposed to just be in and out basically!  UGH! Anyways, sorry about the vent it's a sore subject. lol. 

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)