Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you keep your clothes always looking new?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 289 Replies
2 moms liked this

CafeMom gave moms Shout Color Catcher and asked them to share their experience doing their family's laundry. Shout Color Catcher absorbs the colors in the wash machine, allowing you to mix dark and white clothes together. 

Check out what our moms have to say about their experience. Then, tell us your trick for keeping clothes looking as new as when you bought them.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Here is what some of our influencers are saying about the Shout Color Catcher:

Delirium003 says:
My son had 3 new red shirts (notorious bleeders) that needed washed.  I threw them in with the other colors that needed washed.  When I pulled the color catcher out, it was pink!  I'm glad it was in there, because there was a light colored shirt of the baby's in there!  

alliesmom112 says:
When I took the clothes out this time, there was not as much color on the sheet as the first time but the tutu was still bright white so that was impressive. 

countrygirlkat says:
The load did all the washing and when I opened it was so happy!  None of my white items were ruined!  They were all perfectly fine and the Shout Color Catchers were covered in red dye. 

1plustwinsmommy says:
My dd got new jeans for school that are super dark washed. Great product, especially for new clothes. I will buy these again especially for new clothes.

2and2onway says:
They work exactly like they say they do!!!!! I will admit I was afraid to wash all my colors with some whites, so I did it with towels. The color catcher went in white and came out pink. Not one red tint on the towels. Thank you for the opportunity to add a new item to my list!!!!

Gweneveer says:
I tried it on my dd's new school clothes that I just bought.  I threw in colors and lights together.  I have to say, it killed me because I normally would NEVER consider doing that, lol! Anyways, the next sheet came out a pinkish purple color, and her white shirts were still white, yay!

Schleetle says:
My son Jacob, being the goof he is said "Look mom the proof really is on the sheet!". We had a lot of fun, and if it saves me time doing laundry I will be using Shout Color Catcher a lot more.

kcangel63 says:
I have to say that I was surprised at the sheet when I took the clothes out of the washer!  I was expecting some red, but it was actually the black that bled the most.  The sheet was pretty dark!  It was amazing at how much color bled out of my clothes, and the Shout Color Catcher sheet caught!  I love this!  I will use it for my clothes from now on!

Read on to see what other moms are saying about the Shout Color Catcher.

mamivon2
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I got mine suprisingly on friday or saturday and was never so excited about doing laundry..

I am have to say Im a little bit dissapointed.. I tried to mix the clothes and put a sheet in the washer.. hoping it will be colorful like in the commercials..  but it was only a little bit pink.. maybe it was that way because my clothes have been washed so many times there isnt any extra color left..

I keep using them and I see and let you know if there will be some color on them..

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I was shocked at how Quickly mine came in as well.. I was SHOCKED!!!

I put one in with one of my washes and it just looked almost off white/grey so I don't know if it really did anything.. I have to do more laundry to see how well they work..  So far I'm not really sold on them.

Jenniy
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Can't wait to get mine. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM
I got mine today and I will be doing laundry later in the week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I got my Shout Color Catchers on Friday.  I finally put them to use today.

We went back to school shopping for the boys and bought tons of new *dark* colored jeans and many new shirts

I didn't want to do a new load for each thing, so I put a Color Catcher in with each load.  My son had 3 new red shirts (notorious bleeders) that needed washed.  I threw them in with the other colors that needed washed.  When I pulled the color catcher out, it was pink!  I'm glad it was in there, because there was a light colored shirt of the baby's in there!

The jeans also had a color catcher in the load.  That one didn't have too much on it.  There was some color bleeding from the dark jeans though.

My oldest two sons (ages 8 and 4) were interested in the laundry just for the day.  They waited for the DING of the washer to see if the color catchers worked or not.  They thought it was cool that it went in white and came out a different color.

Once I run out of them, I will probably buy more when I buy new clothes.  

Thanks for the opportunity!  It was a fun experience :)

Hottmomma607
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't wait to get mine! I use woolite to keep the colors&shape in our clothing!

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I was also one of the moms picked. And as the other moms said, I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it arrived. I already put all of our clothes together wehn we wash them, so that wasn't new for me. But I was interested to see if the colors would come out brighter and the stains come out more. I was a little dissapointed to find that the clothes and towels didn't seem much brighter than when I first put them in. Although my husband said it might be because we've already washed the clothes and towels so many times before trying the Shout Color Catcher. I will continue to use them and if I see any difference in the next loads, I'll let you know. But as for right now, I can't say I would buy them since there doesn't seem to be a difference. Anyway, thank you for letting me partake in this experience. It was fun to try it and see if there's a difference. :)

mereinhart28
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I was amazed at how quickly they came! I couldn't wait to start a load of wash. I must say I was very disappointed in how it turned out. I really couldn't see any kind of color on the sheet. I will continue to use them....(we have some new school clothes that haven't been washed before) and see if anything turns up on the sheet. As it stands now, I wouldn't be buying these because like I said I just didn't see any difference.

Here's a picture....

the top one in the photo is the used sheet, the one on the bottom is the new one out of the box. 

Thanks for letting me take part in this, I'll let you know if I see any difference.

liveforever
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for letting me be a part of this! I got mine in the mail a few days ago. I did a load of laundry yesterday. I washed a brand new purple dress with my usual load of non whites.

This was the dress

This is the sheet when it came out:

The folded sheet was a brand new one to compare. I did notice some purple on the used sheet. I was actually expecting to see more since the dress was brand new. I had a couple striped shirts in with the load (green + white and blue + white) and when I took them out the white was still bright.

Im not sure if I would buy these again. It did catch some color, but it was from one new item. I dont buy new clothes that often....so Im not sure how much bleeding clothes that have been washed a million times do lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)