Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you keep your clothes always looking new?

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom gave moms Shout Color Catcher and asked them to share their experience doing their family's laundry. Shout Color Catcher absorbs the colors in the wash machine, allowing you to mix dark and white clothes together. 

Check out what our moms have to say about their experience. Then, tell us your trick for keeping clothes looking as new as when you bought them.

( ) CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (271-280):
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I love the shourt color catchers as well as Shout pre treating spray to keep my kids clothes clean!!

AstuteMama
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I'll have to try Shout Color Catcher. Thanks for sharing your opinion on the product.

mem82
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

My husband's work shirts are red. I am interested to see how these work.

mypbandj
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I love the shout color catcher! I always keep a box in the cabinet by the washer and use it when I wash something that is new (If I'm not washing it alone).

ForeverInLove
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I'd really like to get some these for the purpose of washing my youngest's clothes. Since he's only 6 weeks, his are washed seperate from ours, and so it's all together, and not sorted. 

kgmmw
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Im going to have to try this product.

kfroz0415
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I tried the sheets again with a new pair of pajama shorts I bought myself. They had mickey mouse on them (don't judge me! lol) with his signature red shorts. The background fabric was white by the way. I used a Shout sheet with them, but the red bled all over the white fabric. I thought on the tv advertisement they show the product working with a red and white striped shirt, but it didn't work with my shorts. I was a bit bummed, but at least they were cheap. lol 

I'm going to throw one in with my load of new jeans, just to see if it "catches" the indigo dye, but I don't think I'm brave enough to throw in anything else with them right now. :/ 

mandyjh
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I took a chance on the shout color catcher and washed a red sheet, 2 pairs of my son's new jeans and my daughter's new white t-shirts together! and it turned out perfectly this is a picture of the clothing after they came out of the wash together, as you can see my daughter's shirts are still white! not blue or red! YAY!

close up on t-shirt still bright white :)

picture of the used shout color catcher next to one not used.

I will continue use shout color catchers, and will tell all my friends and family :)

mp3mom
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I separate colors. I use a quick wash on most clothes, on cold, unless really dirty; we have a very efficient front loader. For sturdy cottons, I use a maximum extract of water; less drying. I turn some things inside out, especially black, that would show wear. I dry on low heat. Hand wash items hang dry. 

Bmat
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I am interested in getting this, since I do have a problem with colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)