how is your family now, different from the family you grew up in?
My family is different from our families we grew up in in many ways! We eat a lot better than what we both did growing up, better meaning healthier. lol. DH and I aren't really big into the whole spanking thing, my parents were. I'm more of an attachment parent than what my parents are/were. There are other ways, just can't think of them right now.
1. my mom worked while I was growing up; I've been a SAHM 98% of my married life & since having kids
2. I grew up living in apartments; my kids have lived in houses (well my older son lived in 2 townhouses awhile while he was little)
3. I grew up in the suburbs; my kids grew up in the country ... again my older son did live in the suburbs also until he was 13 (he is 40 now, but still lives in the country)
4. I was an only child; my son was an only child until I remarried when he was 13 and he gained a brother & 2 sisters and then 4 years later dh & I had one of our own ... our kids were raised in big families
5. I was raised with my relatives living 1000 miles away; my kids have family/relatives all around them
I grew up living with my grandmother and aunt. My dad came by every now and then and my mom was in and out (more out than in) of my life. My grandfather (ex husband of my grandmother) lived(s) a block over as well.
My daughter has her mom and dad at home with her. Her great grandmother, great aunt and grandfather down the street and her great grandfather a block over!
Yea the family dynamics are way different from when I was growing up. :)
Well my parents divorced when I was about 5 and I only saw my Daddy a few times a week. My daughter has her Daddy here everyday!
I don't even know where to start. lol ...WAY different, in every single possible way!
My Dad worked on a fishing boat so he would be gone 14 days and home for 5 ALL year long.. My husband is home every night :) Other than this we are about the same :)
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2015 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Already Joined? LOG IN