Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Ride update.. Updated 8/31

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm in complete shock right now.. ALS Association asked every rider to raise $250 in order to ride.  I can't even believe how many people in our lives (mine and my parents) that are willing and able to support our cause.

Together our team of 3 has raised $2100+ and counting..  I feel so humbled and Blessed right now..

We are ranked team #6 and we are still getting donations.. I want to see my Dad get $1000 in personal donations so he can be part of an ALS Fundraising exclusive club.. We have all earned ALS Jerseys but we will be riding with our team jerseys :)

I'm so happy with our fundraising and all that we have done to get ready and train for this event.. 

Thanks for listening :)

anyone wanting to donate can use this link.  100% of the money goes to ALS Research and finding a cure.  We are riding in Honor of my dads friend and there is NO CURE for ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease.

http://webma.alsa.org/site/TR/Rides/Massachusetts?px=3508075&pg=personal&fr_id=8370

Our team is almost at $2500 so my Dad moved our goal to $3000...  If any of you can give ANY donation I would greatly appreciate it..  We ride in just about 1 week and I can't wait!!  I'm only $250 away from my persona $1000 Goal WOO HOO!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Well that's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I'm so proud of us.. My Dad is less than $200 away from hitting $1000 and joining that secret club LOL!!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Well that's awesome!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

That's great!  It's amazing that you guys are able to raise that much so fast.  I'm sure you'll double that by the time you guys race.  

psych_mom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Yay! I am still hoping to donate.

rocamom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

We ride on the 9th and I think I can collect up until then so NO worries :)

THANKS HUN!!

Quoting psych_mom:

Yay! I am still hoping to donate.

rocamom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know about doubling it but I'd LOVE to each raise $1000..  I think we are going to share any cash and checks that we get once my Dad hits his $1000.. WOO HOO!!!

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

That's great!  It's amazing that you guys are able to raise that much so fast.  I'm sure you'll double that by the time you guys race.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Never tire of this!
That's awesome :)

friend8622
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

That is awesome!!  Way to go!

SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

That is so awesome Amy!!!!!! I am so excited for you and your team!!!

rocamom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Thanks Everyone.. I'm just SO damn proud of our team and what we are doing...  I have NOT been involved in something like this before so it's pretty amazing.. When I think of crossin the finish line WITH my parents on my team I get chocked up.. It's going to be an amazing day.. Also knowing my husband and kids will be there to see it too with our team shirts on.. 

Mike the guy we are riding for if he's well enough, him and his wife will be there as well.. it will probably be a SUPER emotional day!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN