Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Ever screw up a load of laundry?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM
  • 19 Replies

I did today. LOL

I rarely use disposables...only in an emergency basically.....well...I used one yesterday after forgetting cloth in my diaper bag while at a friend's house and somehow, someway, one ended up in my washing machine. My clothes were covered in that gel garbage. After 2 more washes and extra rinses, they were clean.  .....even more weird?...there was NO evidence of the diaper itself...only the gel. I'm confused, and a little grossed out. lol

Has anyone else messed up a load of laundry somehow?

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3cutiebugs
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Crazy that it just disappeared!
I made a white towel turn pink once, but that's all I can think of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Yes, I wasn't thinking the other day and washed a red shirt and 3white shirts in the same load. Needless to say those shirts are no longer white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM
yes! ive done that! and ive washed pens and crayons with laundry too! crayons a pain to get out after its dried!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Not since I learned how. I ended up with lipstick smeared jeans and coral streaked shirt (maybe to match?) l had checked my pockets, but the lipstick was a tiny trial tube from Avon and I just didn't feel it.

DH messed up two of my shirts by leaving a black ink pen in a pocket. I don't check his pockets, figure he's a grown man.....but I got two new shirts out of it b/c he felt so bad :)
Ds just leaves candy wrappers and paper notes in his pockets.....he has to clean the paper pulp out of the washer when it happens. While listening to the lecture of the importance of emptying pockets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM

lol I've done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SassyWildflower
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Can't say that I have. lOl..

the worst thing i did was wash DH's Ipod but it didn't ruin my load and it actually still works lOl

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I haven't washed a dispoable. But I turn white clothes different colors all the time. I'm getting better at it though. I also wash random items of mine, mostly it's my I.D's or my bank card. I've washed hubby's whole wallett before, money, hair ties, blocks and other random kids toys that have made it into the laundry baskets...lol

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM

That sounds miserable!

When I was in college I didn't realize bleach removed color.  I bleached all of my dark blue towels and they turned pink. It was actually a pinkish/purple color and I like them much better so I didn't really think of it as a fail.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Ew I did that once. I've also washed and dried a purple crayon. That went well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yes I have had a few episodes with Bleach! lol.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)