Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you care for your plants during the change of seasons?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a Cool Wave pansy plant and asked them to enjoy it with their families. We think that these plants will be an excellent addition to their landscape.

Read about their experiences below!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (101-105):
romalove
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Quoting outer.banks:

Those are so pretty!  Lucky for you.

Quoting romalove:

Photo: Burpee Cool Wave Pansies

Just received my Burpee Cool Wave Pansy plants, and this is how they came!  They are gorgeous right out of the box.  I live in NJ, and it's still good weather, so I am going to set them on the back porch for right now.  The instructions say they are good for part shade, and my backyard is just like that, we get some sun and some shade. 

Very excited to see how they grow!

Thanks!  Will post some pics of them a bit later, we have them in planters and in hanging baskets.

romalove
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Photo: Current Cool Wave Pansy photo

What the pansies in the hanging basket look like this morning.  We've had rain and chilly temps here, but they are still looking great.  You can see they are starting to "spread" a bit and hang over the basket as they grow.  :-)

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM

It has now been a month in and I wanted to share some picture of them to show how they're doing. :) The flowers are very hardy and have even spread out a little. We love them!

allabout11708
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM
So I planted my pansies in three different planters. Two of which sit on my porch, and one is a hanging basket that is just feet away from the other two. The two on the porch are thriving and doing wonderful!! The hanging basket is nearly dead. I think they all get about the same sunlight and water, so I am not sure what the deal ir =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Today is November 18th, and I am in New Jersey.  We have had Superstorm Sandy, a noreaster that dumped 8 inches of snow, several frosts, and my pansies are still blooming and looking beautiful.  My daughter just commented on them to me (which reminded me to update about them lol) that they are some sort of mutant flower that loves cold and wind.  They are amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN