Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you care for your plants during the change of seasons?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a Cool Wave pansy plant and asked them to enjoy it with their families. We think that these plants will be an excellent addition to their landscape.

Read about their experiences below!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I just was txtd by my sis' my burpee cool wave pansys are here. They will plant them in large pots, cuz our landlord doesnt want us digging up his yard to plant anything flowers or food. I bring in my potted plants during winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I just got my plants. They are SO pretty! Originally I was planning on planting them at our house. But the neighbor kids have been terrors & destroying everything lately, so I am a bit unsure that I want to plant them outside now. (Why can't people just watch their own children? lol) So, I called my in-laws to ask if we could plant them in their garden. FIL says yes, just need to get the final go from MIL. She LOVES flowers, so I know she will have no problem. Especially if I offer to do all the work. :) I think I might try to put a few in a planter outside here though also. Just because they are so pretty! 

I am SO impressed at how good these plants look fresh out of the box. Even considering the FedEx man handed me the box upside down. When it was clearly lableed "Live plants keep from heat & cold UP PLEASE".

Edit: 

Brought the plants over to the in-laws house yesterday. MIL was so impressed with these & loved the colors. We are hoping to plant them on Sunday! :)

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hello! We live in Maryland. We just received the Burpee Cool Wave pansy plants. We were pleasantly surprised at the amount we received and can't wait to plant them! They are beautiful..some yellow, some half white, half purple. We love them! We will be planting them in my mom's yard, as we do with all garden stuff since we don't have a backyard of our own. She was also very excited to see them and have them in her yard.

We planted the flowers tonight. The ground was a little dry and the plants were a little dry when taken out of the box. So we soaked them in water, put them in the ground, added a little fertilizer, and put mulch around them.

splatz
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I was completely expecting A plant. Not this many. I was really suprised when the Fed Ex man showed up at my door with this huge box.

How gorgeous are those purple ones?

These definately exceeded my expectations. 

allabout11708
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Any outside plants we generally re-pot into five gallon buckets and bring them into into the garage. We had a garden but since we just moved, we obviously couldn't bring it with us. I just got my Burpee Cool Wave Pansies today. I will post a few pics (or ten lol) in the comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allabout11708
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

This is the box they came in :-) I was concerned when opening it because I was afraid the driver may not have been very careful. But he was!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allabout11708

Here they are out of the box.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allabout11708

Love these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allabout11708

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allabout11708
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM

My faves!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN