Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How do you care for your plants during the change of seasons?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a Cool Wave pansy plant and asked them to enjoy it with their families. We think that these plants will be an excellent addition to their landscape.

Read about their experiences below!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (81-90):
sukainah
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Love the purple ones!

Quoting splatz:

I was completely expecting A plant. Not this many. I was really suprised when the Fed Ex man showed up at my door with this huge box.

How gorgeous are those purple ones?

These definately exceeded my expectations. 

sukainah
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I do not have a green thumb at all, so my DH takes care of all the plants.  He puts the houseplants outside in the summer then brings them inside in the winter.  

dusky_rose
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

When I used to live in my apartment I had potted plants that I kept outside. And as it got cooler (frost in the morning), I used to put plastic (milk jugs with the bottom cut off) over my plants over night so they would live longer. Then I would take it off as it warmed up outside.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

saraface5383
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM

i dont plant! lol

Charizma77
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I don't have any plants. Wishing I would have gotten chosen for this one!
countrygirlkat
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are so beautiful!

Quoting romalove:

Photo: Burpee Cool Wave Pansies

Just received my Burpee Cool Wave Pansy plants, and this is how they came!  They are gorgeous right out of the box.  I live in NJ, and it's still good weather, so I am going to set them on the back porch for right now.  The instructions say they are good for part shade, and my backyard is just like that, we get some sun and some shade. 

Very excited to see how they grow!

mrswillie
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I cut back my Iris & Lillies and drop my water lillies to the bottom of the pond

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quoting mrswillie:

I cut back my Iris & Lillies and drop my water lillies to the bottom of the pond

I love Iris's. I want to plant some next year.

CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thanks for the great feedback so far, Moms! We're excited to see photos of your Cool Wave gardens this fall - and again in spring! Cool Wave pansies are cold-tolerant and will withstand light frost, so there's no need to move containers inside at night when temperatures dip below freezing. If planted in the ground, Cool Wave pansies will overwinter up to USDA Zone 5 and will return again in spring earlier than other pansies. If you're located in the south,  you can enjoy your Cool Wave pansy blooms all winter long

To find out what zone you're located in, visit:
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html, and for some creative planting ideas visit: http://www.wave-rave.com/Howto/CoolWaveFallDecorating.aspx.

Happy planting!

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Too cute!

Quoting allabout11708:

My little helper giving Cafemom the thumbs up for allowing us to participate :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)