Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you care for your plants during the change of seasons?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a Cool Wave pansy plant and asked them to enjoy it with their families. We think that these plants will be an excellent addition to their landscape.

Read about their experiences below!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (91-100):
Wish2Be
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM

During the summer and high drought times...I use those water globes just incase what I usually give the plants isnt enough. :)

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM

these are so pretty.

Quoting splatz:

I was completely expecting A plant. Not this many. I was really suprised when the Fed Ex man showed up at my door with this huge box.

How gorgeous are those purple ones?

These definately exceeded my expectations. 

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Quoting sukainah:

I do not have a green thumb at all, so my DH takes care of all the plants.  He puts the houseplants outside in the summer then brings them inside in the winter.  

This is me too.  I kill plants.  Luckily I am better with kids and pets, lol. 

sukainah
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:41 PM

LOL...me too

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting sukainah:

I do not have a green thumb at all, so my DH takes care of all the plants.  He puts the houseplants outside in the summer then brings them inside in the winter.  

This is me too.  I kill plants.  Luckily I am better with kids and pets, lol. 

MichelleK41
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I am so late, sorry about that but we were in the middle of some big changes, but all good!

I love these Cool Wave pansies! My mother also fell inlove with them and now she wants some. My project is an old 1/2 keg barrel, painted a light lavender and with cutesy decals. Talk about beautiful with colored pansies! I'll try to get a pic when I can. I am so looking forward to gardening wiht these flowers. Our little one found them so easy to water and feels its her special job. They were delivered in record time and still came so very fresh! The colors are very bright and they def. are not fragile because they did great with our move! I will def. invest in more!

funkycat
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I have raised beds of vegetables in my front yard, with shrubs and trees around the yard walls. I have PCV pipes bowed with plastic &/or old window frames with glass for hot boxes. We have lots of solar power in Santa Fe. This extends my growing season way through October, and sometime into early November. We are @ 7,000 feet and we do get freezing and snow. I also have potted plants, mostly flowers that I can move into warmer, sunny places.

cemcnair
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I haven't shared my planting story yet, but wanted to show off how they look one week later! I was out of town most of last week and they still look great! I'm so excited to see the beautiful colors on my porch!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Beautiful blooms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexgia
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM
i am trying to find them but no luck so far and i work in a garden center!
outer.banks
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Those are so pretty!  Lucky for you.

Quoting romalove:

Photo: Burpee Cool Wave Pansies

Just received my Burpee Cool Wave Pansy plants, and this is how they came!  They are gorgeous right out of the box.  I live in NJ, and it's still good weather, so I am going to set them on the back porch for right now.  The instructions say they are good for part shade, and my backyard is just like that, we get some sun and some shade. 

Very excited to see how they grow!

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)