Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

HP- not a company that stands behind its products

Posted by   + Show Post

I went on their website to look up my battery and see how much it cost. Come to find out it should last for three years and has a 3 year warrenty according to their website, but when I called to find out about my battery being replaced their tech support department told me that it will only last for one year and that it only comes with a one year warrenty. So their website either the website is lying or their tech support is. I am awaiting a call back from someone higher up. Needless to say, if this is how they do business, they will not be getting any more of our money.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (11-16):
1sttimeflmom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Sorry to hear that you're having such a problem with hp. I once had an HP desktop a few years ago, the monitor started smoking out of the blue then the printer took a crap. When I called the company I got someone from outside of the US.. when I tried to explain what happened to them they kept telling me to reboot the comp. I couldn't figure out how I was going to do that or why I would if the monitor was smoking and almost catching on fire... really lol.. so when I told them that I was no longer going to buy an hp again ever the guy I was talking to said he was going to note down that I made a racial slur against them. I guess in a way yea I was being racial but only towards hp as a company lol. I do hope you get what you need from them. Good Luck!

psych_mom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Wow, super scary! It was only after I told them that I wouldn't give them any more of my money that they decided to escalate the call. My husband was going to be getting a new computer for work and he was thinking about an HP- not any more. They really don't like to hear that they aren't getting your money.

Quoting 1sttimeflmom:

Sorry to hear that you're having such a problem with hp. I once had an HP desktop a few years ago, the monitor started smoking out of the blue then the printer took a crap. When I called the company I got someone from outside of the US.. when I tried to explain what happened to them they kept telling me to reboot the comp. I couldn't figure out how I was going to do that or why I would if the monitor was smoking and almost catching on fire... really lol.. so when I told them that I was no longer going to buy an hp again ever the guy I was talking to said he was going to note down that I made a racial slur against them. I guess in a way yea I was being racial but only towards hp as a company lol. I do hope you get what you need from them. Good Luck!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I've noticed that the quality of service from customer service numbers is appalling.  The CS lines do more to deter customer service and quality of care then they do to help the relationship.  Twice in recent months I've been put on hold for 20 plus minutes (the amount of time I was willing to hold before hanging up) because the CS agent had to look up something that they didn't really want to look up but were obligated too.  I guess what I'm saying is that Staci, the website might be correct and the agent didn't bother to learn the correct info...and don't hold your breath waiting for a return phone call.

psych_mom
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I'm not. Husband told me to go buy another laptop and not an HP.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I've noticed that the quality of service from customer service numbers is appalling.  The CS lines do more to deter customer service and quality of care then they do to help the relationship.  Twice in recent months I've been put on hold for 20 plus minutes (the amount of time I was willing to hold before hanging up) because the CS agent had to look up something that they didn't really want to look up but were obligated too.  I guess what I'm saying is that Staci, the website might be correct and the agent didn't bother to learn the correct info...and don't hold your breath waiting for a return phone call.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Sunday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hope it gets settled,
We've never had a problem with them :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

snuggiewoogie
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM

We have 2 H/P computers here! So far so good :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)