Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

In serious need of some advice...

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a mother of 4 in a combined home I have one from my first marriage my husband has two from his first marriage and we have one together. I came from a divorced home and experienced a lot of abuse physical and emotional on both sides. I try so hard to be the best parent I can be and I don't hit my kids but I do yell a lot and I try not to but they test my patience. I really could use somehelp to deal with my past and also to be more patient with my kids and be the mom they need me to be. Please if anyone has some advice I could really use it.
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Replies (11-13):
friend8622
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely say to get some help with the abuse you suffered professionally.  And for your children a great book to read is 1,2,3 magic.  It is a great book and really helps you to understand things and keep you from losing your cool with your children.  It's a great, great book!  

pinkemt10
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Thank you everyone I really appreciate all the kind words and advice. Yesterday my son was diagnosed with oppositional defiant disorder which I feel is part of my frustration and break down but I am calling today to get us into some family counceling and behavioral therapy to help me andhis dad cope with his behavior and also to help all of us work better together. Thank you all again I have really needed all the help I'm so glad sites like this exist.
rocamom
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Find a counselor..  They can do both single and family couseling...   Even if the kids don't want to go (I don't know theyr ages) I would tell them that EVERYONE is going.  Hubby needs to be on board as well..

GOOD LUCK!!  I hope you figure it out and can make things better!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN