Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 12 Replies

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My daughter has always loved vegetables.  At the dinner table she'll always ask, "Mommy, what's this one for?"  I'll reply, "Oh, carrots.  Those are good for your eyes sweetie.  Carrots help to keep your eyes healthy and strong.  See the inside of the carrot.  It kind of looks like an eye right?  So that helps you remember they are good for your eyes."

I find that if we have a positive conversation about the vegetable in question and I also lead by example and eat them myself, then that helps to keep her interested in what's going in her body and she'll want to eat healthy too.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I think it starts early..We(hubby & I ) have always been big veggie eaters, so once we had a child our child ate what we ate. My daughter think dessert is an apple..

klamomma2
by Kaila on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

My kids have always loved their veggies, we've never had to fight them to eat them and they always ask for more.  I think it is was just seeing us eat them and never giving them the option to say no or making them something different.  

TIPTONTNSAHM
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Daug loves my pinch of baby spinach leaves in with the mixed berry and banana smoothie. And she knows it's in there and loves it. She also loves alien brains/ brussel sprouts. She only eats two but that is a good thing. I give kids a healthy afternoon snack like apples and dip. I make cream cheese with a little vanilla flavor and pinch of brown sugar. Kids love cheese and broc or broc on top of rotini pasta.

TIPTONTNSAHM
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:41 AM

It helps I always say since they were pretty lil do you want grapes or strawberries? Or give them a choice between one veggie or another veggie. You can't give the option green beans or junk food.duh

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM
My oldest used to eat veggies all the time. Then daddy deployed and she stopped eating most of the things she used to love. That was when she was 2 1/2. She is now 4 1/2 and just now getting to where she will eat veggies again. I have started to steam fresh veggies and that seems to be the only way she will eat them. My 2 year old son though eats pretty much anything I put in front of him. And our almost 6 month old gets homemade baby food from fresh veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Ours love them stir fried in seasame seed oil. =)

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM
We buy the eating right pasta that has veggies in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
For string beans, my mom came up with the idea of finding te surprise inside. DS loves it now since he can look for the surprise to eat as well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)