Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Are you thinking about it?

Christmas, that is.

Are you thinking about it? Planning your shopping? Decorations? Etc.

When do you begin decorating?

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (21-26):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Thinking about it?  Somewhat, I've actually ordered one of my grandaughters gifts!  Got the girl an actual gift this year instead of a gift card; I'm so pleased that I thought of something I thought she'd like, asked our dd & she thought she'd like it too!  Will start shopping sometime in November most likely.  Decorating - I start that the day after Thanksgiving, if dh is off or the weekend after if he isn't.  He is off the day after this year, so I'll him bring up the tree & put it together & bring all the decorations upstairs also.  Then I can decorate the tree & the house all the following week; the tree will be done within the next day or two after he sets it up.  I used to get everything up  within 2-3 days, now with my knees/back it takes me 3-4 days.  I love the Christmas decorations so I like to get them up as soon as T-day as I can so I can enjoy them as long as I can; I leave them up until at least the weekend after New Years Day.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I have bought for my daughter, the twin granddaughters,one of the grandsons,a huge beginning for me...it is fun though, we are almost debt free, and this time around, things are much easier as far as watching the money...I stopped asking what everyone wanted and have found some really great deals...I am not decorating this year as far as the house goes, Alan and I will be alone as it is the year the kids will be celebrating at my SIL's family.. Kelly and the kids will be coming home on New Year's to celebrate the holidays. a little different but it will still be fun and happy family time.
klamomma2
by Kaila on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Yes, I am so excited for Christmas, I have started some shopping, will do most of it this month and Nov.  Usually I am done with my list at the end of Nov and then just buy extra stuff I see for the kids or other people.  We do not decorate until Thanksgiving night.  Though I am already excited to start decorating.  I have a "slight" gingerbread man obsession and can't wait to start putting them all out.

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM

we're pretty excited too!

LOL @ gingerbread man obsession. Ive never made them but I am going to give them a try this year!!

Quoting klamomma2:

Yes, I am so excited for Christmas, I have started some shopping, will do most of it this month and Nov.  Usually I am done with my list at the end of Nov and then just buy extra stuff I see for the kids or other people.  We do not decorate until Thanksgiving night.  Though I am already excited to start decorating.  I have a "slight" gingerbread man obsession and can't wait to start putting them all out.

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

klamomma2
by Kaila on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never made them either lol you think I would though.  But at Hobby Lobby and places they have gingerbread houses and men for decoration and that's what I have through out my house, I have tons of oranements, the stocking holders are a gingerbread girl, and 2 gingerbread boys, salt & pepper shaker etc  They are are so cute!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

we're pretty excited too!

LOL @ gingerbread man obsession. Ive never made them but I am going to give them a try this year!!

Quoting klamomma2:

Love.My.Soldier
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM
We bought all our gifts for our Merry thankful Halloween. I found some great deals. We have a small tree up that works for all 3 holidays. I won't be putting up our big tree this year since we will be out of state for Christmas. I haven't started buying for "real" Christmas yet either. I will probably start online ordering soon so I can ship it all to our vacation house. Then when we get there I will have a few weeks to finish up our shopping and get that house decorated. This year is a bit more stressful but it will be great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)