Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The kid was bitten by a dog tonight :( 2nd update!! 10/04

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 77 Replies

Just got back from ER.  Luckily the wound is not too deep(not down to the tendon), but it was a pretty nasty bite..(on her finger).

I need to get her cleaned up and in bed..I'll give all the details later.

The details- we just finished dinner at a local restaurant and we were outside on the patio area playing ping pong..A lady drives up and get out of her car with two medium sized dogs. She goes into the restaurant and leaves her unleashed dogs outside unattended. The dog came over to us and sat/stood next to my daughter(my daughter was just standing there)..I called her name so we could get back to playing ping pong, she turns and the dog snaps her finger(she had her hands by her sides). The kid screams and yells the dog just bit her, I run over and she doubled over holding her hand.I get her to open her hand and see blood coming from her finger. I wrap her hand and run inside to tell the owner her dog just bit my kid..

Long story short the owner didn't think it was that serious and never stopped ordering her food. She pretty much put the blame on my daughter stating"what did she do to make the dog bite", since her dog has never done this before.. We exchanged a few words..I told her i thought she was irresponsible to bring unleashed/unattended dog to an eatery with so many children running around( you never know what a dog will do).. 

Anyway, i get her info and tell her i'm taking my daughter to urgent care-just to be on the safe side.

Just got a surprise call..the girl showed up at the restaurant and they got her to call me..She called and said. 1) she didn't believe my daughter got bitten by her dog  0-o    2) she has been really stressed out. 3) she is not able to pay for medical bills 4) she wants to do the right thing now because she doesn't want her dog taken to quarantine ..So basically, she wants me to save her dog because she can't live w/out it for 10 days..her dogs are her life.. 

She never asked how my kid was..said sorry for her dog injuring my kid..Nothing!!! it was all about her, her problems and her dog..

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Oh no! :( Poor girl!!!!

3cutiebugs
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Poor kiddo! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twistandshout
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM

poor child. I will be sore in the morning. Hugs to her.hugs

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM

omg poor thing.. Give her an extra squeeze tonight.. :)

psych_mom
by Stacy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Ugh. Glad that she is okay but that sucks. Dana was biten by an animal when she was younger so I know how scary it is. Hugs to you and her.

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:23 PM

poor thing. I know how scary that can be!

Hope she heals quickly!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Poor little thing. I hope she feels better tomorrow morning.  How are you doing?  I bet it was just as hard for you (hugs)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
28 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Aww sorry to hear this :(
Hugs to you both :)

mamamiajk
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Glad nothing worse happened. Hugs

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM

update..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)