Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

The kid was bitten by a dog tonight :( 2nd update!! 10/04

Posted by   + Show Post

Just got back from ER.  Luckily the wound is not too deep(not down to the tendon), but it was a pretty nasty bite..(on her finger).

I need to get her cleaned up and in bed..I'll give all the details later.

The details- we just finished dinner at a local restaurant and we were outside on the patio area playing ping pong..A lady drives up and get out of her car with two medium sized dogs. She goes into the restaurant and leaves her unleashed dogs outside unattended. The dog came over to us and sat/stood next to my daughter(my daughter was just standing there)..I called her name so we could get back to playing ping pong, she turns and the dog snaps her finger(she had her hands by her sides). The kid screams and yells the dog just bit her, I run over and she doubled over holding her hand.I get her to open her hand and see blood coming from her finger. I wrap her hand and run inside to tell the owner her dog just bit my kid..

Long story short the owner didn't think it was that serious and never stopped ordering her food. She pretty much put the blame on my daughter stating"what did she do to make the dog bite", since her dog has never done this before.. We exchanged a few words..I told her i thought she was irresponsible to bring unleashed/unattended dog to an eatery with so many children running around( you never know what a dog will do).. 

Anyway, i get her info and tell her i'm taking my daughter to urgent care-just to be on the safe side.

Just got a surprise call..the girl showed up at the restaurant and they got her to call me..She called and said. 1) she didn't believe my daughter got bitten by her dog  0-o    2) she has been really stressed out. 3) she is not able to pay for medical bills 4) she wants to do the right thing now because she doesn't want her dog taken to quarantine ..So basically, she wants me to save her dog because she can't live w/out it for 10 days..her dogs are her life.. 

She never asked how my kid was..said sorry for her dog injuring my kid..Nothing!!! it was all about her, her problems and her dog..

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I hope you sue the hell out of her lying ass! An ass whoopin' would be quite nice, too, but you don't need jail time-so like I said before, I hope you sue the hell out of her lying ass!

Quoting inmybizz:

I also called the vet she gave me..They had no record of her or her dog..She claimed her dog was up to date on shot, but now i'm thinking that's a lie as well..

When i catch up with this girl and i'm going to keep at it until i do..she is going to be so sorry..  

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Unbelievable. I'd absolutely press charges when they find her. What a bunch of BS.

Quoting inmybizz:

yes way!! I tried her number and went by the address she gave me..both bogus. I contacted the restaurant since it appears she's a regular-the next time she calls in an order they are going to get her phone number..  

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

No. Way.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Poor little thing. I hope she feels better tomorrow morning.  How are you doing?  I bet it was just as hard for you (hugs)

Thanks.. She is better this morning. I'm upset(again)..I tried calling the lady this morning and she gave me a bogus number.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

=/ @ the update!

That's crazy!!

It gets crazier and crazier..She now wants me to lie and say it never happened. She must be out of her mind..

it's freaking insane is what it is!

At least they are going to do something about the dog though, right?

When i was attacked by DH's auntie's pit, they didn't do squat & *I* wasn't even the first person it had hurt!

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Ok I read the replies...wow. Just wow.

I wish i knew how to put text messages on here..but she is crazy..I can not believe she is asking me to lie..I have filled out swore statement/affidavits..I ain't goning to jail for nobody..LOL!!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

yesterday i told my husband to put some bail money aside-cause if i have seen her yesterday somebody was going to get a ass whoopin'

I was very calm today..I figured she has dug a hole so deep for herself  i don't need to do anything..

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

I hope you sue the hell out of her lying ass! An ass whoopin' would be quite nice, too, but you don't need jail time-so like I said before, I hope you sue the hell out of her lying ass!

Quoting inmybizz:

I also called the vet she gave me..They had no record of her or her dog..She claimed her dog was up to date on shot, but now i'm thinking that's a lie as well..

When i catch up with this girl and i'm going to keep at it until i do..she is going to be so sorry..  

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Unbelievable. I'd absolutely press charges when they find her. What a bunch of BS.

Quoting inmybizz:

yes way!! I tried her number and went by the address she gave me..both bogus. I contacted the restaurant since it appears she's a regular-the next time she calls in an order they are going to get her phone number..  

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

No. Way.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Poor little thing. I hope she feels better tomorrow morning.  How are you doing?  I bet it was just as hard for you (hugs)

Thanks.. She is better this morning. I'm upset(again)..I tried calling the lady this morning and she gave me a bogus number.. 

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I'd take it as far as I could - just on that lol

I'd be like "hey listen, you were in the wrong and now you're going to pay for it  plain and simple. If you would have been nice to me and asked about her then maybe we could have worked something out but you didn't. Now it's no longer my problem - it's the courts!"

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I agree..I am fully responsible for my dog-that's why i leash her..I try to keep her safe and others safe as well...

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Unfortunately here it doesn't matter how much you stay on them or hound them. If they decided not to do anything, then they won't. We're not the only ones to have issues with animal control.

I'm glad they're taking care of this though. People do need to realuze they are responsible for the actions of their pets. If they can't handle that responsibility, then they shouldn't be pet owners.

Quoting inmybizz:

Thank you!!

My neighborhood is the same..closed community, upper class..They are still going after her with a vengeance..I'm happy about it..Something privileged people think they don't have to answer to anyone and they can do what they want no matter who it hurts..I've made a big stink about this- to say, no you can't just do anything you want w/o consequences..at least not to my kid.. 

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Awww poor baby. :-(  My son was bit on the arm by a dog. I took him to the ER because he had several puncture wounds. I had to meet with animal control since it is required for anyone coming in with an animal injury. Animal control told me that they won't do much of a follow up because the neighborhood we lived in was closed and a upper middle class neighborhood so she was pretty certain the dog was up to date on its shots. Our animal control here is horrible.

Glad your DD is okay. Hopefully she doesn't develop a fear of dogs.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I'd take it as far as I could - just on that lol

I'd be like "hey listen, you were in the wrong and now you're going to pay for it  plain and simple. If you would have been nice to me and asked about her then maybe we could have worked something out but you didn't. Now it's no longer my problem - it's the courts!"

I can't believe she text' me asking to say it never happened.. She said her dogs are "like her babies"..I told her my daughter "is" my baby and she trumps the dogs..she is my primary concern. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
People are amazing.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

I wish i knew how to put text messages on here..but she is crazy..I can not believe she is asking me to lie..I have filled out swore statement/affidavits..I ain't goning to jail for nobody..LOL!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Oh my gosh. At least you have her number now so they should be able to find her. Sounds like she has some major issues. Keep us posted on how this turns out.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting psych_mom:

So she can afford to eat out often but not pay a co-pay or for her animal to be quarantined. Also in most states if an animal is up-to-date on shots you can keep them at home and not take them out. Are you calling the police to lot them know she contacted you?

I did contact the police- they arrived after she left..These dogs go EVERYWHERE with her she doesn't want to leave her dog inside all day or whatever is needed for at home quarantine..I have no sympathy at this point..

when she came over she brought the dogs and they ran free all over the place.

** she just sent another text-this time specifically asking me to lie and say my daughter was not bitten..I think something is mentally wrong with her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I think this chic is a sociopath/narcissistic..she has no compassion for others..It's all about her..

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

People are amazing.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)