Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

vacuum situation

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
So, about 5 weeks ago dh decided we should buy this rather expensive vacuum and air purifier system. We set it up on financing, with the intent to build our credit. The first payment isn't due until oct 21.
We used the air purifiers for about a week, and realized that they make the air so dry it's giving everyone in our house nosebleeds. Then last week the vacuum broke. The hose disconnected from the wand piece (its a canisters vacuum) we called today and told them we want to return it and cancel the order, its not worth the money and we can't use the purifiers. They toldd us we are out of luck, they can't do it after the 3 day cancellation period.
I don't know what to do. The total of all 3 is $3500 and I don't want to pay for something we will not use. It's bs. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sreichelt26
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM
You should probably have an attorney look over the contracts. If there was a 3 day cancellation policy, they're right. You're SOL. But if the vacuum broke, there should be a repair or replacement clause in there.

Take this as a lesson learned. Contracts like this are usually NOT wise to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I agree with calling an attorney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Was there a purchase contract?  I would speak with an attorney and see if they can help you.  GOOD LUCK

If you can't return them they should at least fix the vacuum..

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

How awful :(
I agree with the others .. call an attorney to see about that 3 day clause.
However do make the company responsible for repairing/replacing what broke.
Good luck & let us know what happens :)

Mommyof2114
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Oh no I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3cutiebugs
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:34 AM
They have offered to fix the vacuum, hopefully for free but I have a feeling they'll try to say we voided the warranty because my kids have touched it or some other bs
And they wont let us just keep the vacuum amd return the air purifiers, which we have no use for
I will be calling an attorney tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)