Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

My Day(s)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

Wednesday:

Bella was running a fever of 101 so I gave her Tylenol at 9am. 9:45a I went in to recheck her and it was up to 102.3. So I called the doctors office and got in for 10:30a. We get there at 10:15a and they take us back - she's fevered of 102.2 and is now shaky and can't stand without holding on to something/someone with very labored breathing (like you'd expect after running a marathon).

They gave her Motrin and all her symptoms just stopped. No labored breathing, no shaking, no fever, not grouchy, etc. The doctor has no clue what is going on so she asked to do xrays and blood work to run some tests on.

Of course I agreed - then we went and did the xrays but when we came back upstairs for bloodwork the doctor had changed her mind. (She was concerned about her iron levels since anemia runs in the family but we just had it checked at the beginning of Sept and they were fine then).So anyhow - we schedule to come back in this morning to discuss what was going on.

Today:

We went back in this morning at 8:30a - Bella's been perfectly fine since they gave her mortin yesterday. I've given her Tylenol up till bedtime last night but nothing this morning (I wanted to see if it returned). We get there - sign in - and go back to the room. She's 97.9.

The other doctor (yesterday's doctor's husband lol) came in and asked if we'd talked about the xrays and I said "no, we left right after having them done and was told to come back today."

So he showed me them - explained that there was something that couldn't be explained and wanted to redo them to make sure that it wasn't something on the film or something that was on the table (like the straps) or something.

Back downstairs we go. Did a second round of xrays and back upstairs we went. He came in - pulled them up and explained that whatever it is, is still there.

We discussed what it -could- be and what he feels strongly that it is and the method of treatment we wanted to go with.

So right now we're on antibiotics for 10 days - go back in 4 weeks for more xrays. If it's gone -then great. If not - then we'll be doing multiple antibiotics, 4 more weeks do more xrays. If it's still not gone by then we'll have to admit to the hospital and do IV antibiotics with a CT scan or CAT scan (I can't remember which one he said).

---- eta---

He thinks it's "Round Pneumonia" in it's beginning stage. Sorry I forgot to put that when I was typing.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
psych_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM
What does he think that it is that he's treating with antibiotics?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Sorry - guess I forgot to put that. I'm so drained.

He thinks it "round pneumonia" at it's begining stage.

Quoting psych_mom:

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

=( Hope these antiniotics help her!!

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM

When I read about the fever and labored breathing, I immediately thought of pneumonia. My son had that when he was about 2. He had to stay in the hospital a couple night on IV antibiotics but it cleared right up and we were able to come home. He's been fine since.

It's so scary! I hope she feels better quickly!

I've also noticed that I need to alternate between Motrin and Tylenol. If I give Tylenol twice in a row, it won't work on the fever.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Hope the meds help ... will be  praying all goes well.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Dana's pediatrician said pneumonia is going around bad every where this year. After I gave her a dose of Motrin when she had it she never got a fever again and improved immediately as well. Praying your girl improves quickly.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Sorry - guess I forgot to put that. I'm so drained.

He thinks it "round pneumonia" at it's begining stage.

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

GOOD LUCK with everything.. I hope that it will be cleared up with antibiotics and that she'll be feeling better soon..

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:45 AM

OMGosh honey!!  (hugs)  I hope she gets to feeling better and that whatever it is, goes away quickly.  

telecomgirl
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Crossing my fingers and praying that the antibiotics help and she's ok.

Having a sick child is just so stressful :\

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)