Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, does anyone believe in this anymore?

It was all the talk last fall and the beginning of this year but now that we are literally 2 months away - I haven't heard anyone talk about it.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-17):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The way I figure it..  God's going to call me home when he wants to.  It's not like I can say, "Hold on, my nail polish needs to dry!"  LOL

Besides, so many people over the years (hundreds of years) of always thought that the end was near.  So far it hasn't happened yet.  I can't live my life in fear like that.  I refuse to.

telecomgirl
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Ahhhh I forgot about that! haha

I don't know anyone who actually believed this though.

I do wonder though if people will sell their homes, quit their jobs, withdraw all money from retirement and bank accounts and spend it all to go on cruises, vacation, and buy fancy sport cars to enjoy like the group did who thought Christ was coming a few times earlier this year (or was it last year? haha, I don't remember).

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I never did, but our kids always tease our middle dd about it because that is her 40th birthday.

VintageWife
by Tiffany on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting Jenn8604:

Well theres the fact that the Myans didnt have leap years so therefore they missed quite a few leap year days which is quite a few months. The world should already be over with. Oh and then theres the whole they've found a more recent part to the Myans calander. Life goes on.

Haha...literally!

merryvoice
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I never got it...there's an end to the year every single year. That's all their Calender is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

right.

they still play all those shows about it though, like on History channel and stuff. That's the only time I really hear about it anymore.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

me neither but I remember it being the biggest fuss for the longest time. Now you don't hear anything about it.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I never did lol

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:08 AM

LOL!!! love!!

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

The way I figure it..  God's going to call me home when he wants to.  It's not like I can say, "Hold on, my nail polish needs to dry!"  LOL

Besides, so many people over the years (hundreds of years) of always thought that the end was near.  So far it hasn't happened yet.  I can't live my life in fear like that.  I refuse to.

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)