Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Awesome neighbor

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I just met the upstairs neighbor at the apartment (the one that I've only seen once when he warned us one of his peppers fell on our deck and he didn't want one of the kids to accidentally bite it). Him and his friend were leaving and walked by, saw the door propped open, and he asked "They fixin' this place up?" Saw me and said hi, asked if we were moving out. I told him yeah and that I'm just cleaning up so we don't get a whole ton of fees at move-out; he looked inside, said it doesn't look like they'll be able to get anything from us from the looks of what I've been doing, then apologized "Sorry if I was ever too loud. I'm like 300 lbs and I don't sleep much" (which is what we figured when he WAS really loud walking around, especially at night). I told him it was no biggie and that I figured WE were the loud neighbors 'cause of the kids. He said he would've have even known we HAD kids if it weren't for the toys on the deck and seeing the kids with us when we came and went. "I never even heard them. You guys have been the best neighbors; you weren't noisy and never complained about me. I hope you enjoy your new house; have a good life" and then they left. I love awesome neighbors, even if I don't really meet them 'till we're moving out lol.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
psych_mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That was really nice of him. Hope your new neighbors are nice as well:)

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Having great neighbors rocks..  to bad you are leaving.

telecomgirl
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That was really awesome of him to say that! I hope that he has great neighbors that move into your old place, and I hope that you love your new home and new neighbors too!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Cool!! Bummer you didn't meet earlier.. 

hugss
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Aww that was really nice of him,
Hope you have more good neighbors in the new place :)

MichelleK41
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That was so very sweet of them. =)

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Having good neighbors makes all the difference. Horrible ones can make your life hell! I've had way too many loud obnoxious neighbors. I'm glad I own now!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Isn't it funny how sometime
Ed you don't meet you neighbors until you are moving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)