1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 cup milk (or buttermilk if you prefer)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or butternut squash)
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger in a large bowl.
2. Mix the milk, egg, butter and pumpkin puree in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
4. Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.