Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life
Do you have renters insurance and if it something dh and I should get?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Replies (11-14):
bookworm14
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM
It is worth every penny!!!!! I hear too many horror stories of things going wrong & you're stuck to foot the bill. A former coworker went to sleep with a candle burning, multiple apartment units were affected from the resulting fire. Not only did her & her son lose everything, but I heard she was also responsible for 10s of thousands because she didn't have the insurance. Its so cheap!

I live with my boyfriend. He has house insurance, but learned none of my stuff would be covered if something went wrong. Not sure why, but something about it. I got rental insurance & its $125 a year. That's an easy bill to pay. 10s of thousands isn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM

We own so we have homeowners insurance but I would definitely recommend renters insurance.

When our apartment was broken into, nothing was covered because we didn't have renters insurance and honestly we didn't even know about it until after that happened.

btamilee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

My husband recently relocated to Wilmington, NC.  We rented an apartment for him until next spring, they required that you carry renters insurance.

dingysfamily
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

We own our home, and by own, I mean it's completely paid for ... insurance is no longer a requirement, but there is no way we'd ever be without it.  When I did rent, whether it was required or not, I had it; it's a safety device that in my opinion is something you should always have.  It's one of those things that if you never have to use it, then great, I still don't see it as money wasted; but if you ever do need it and don't have it, well ... you are just up a creek without a paddle.  Better safe than sorry I say.  I say you should definitely get it; if you have to scrape somewhere else to get it, do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN