Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Amazing Dog Follows Owner's Scent Two Miles to Hospital

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Amazing Dog Follows Owner's Scent Two Miles to Hospital

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on October 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

If this story doesn't make you tear up, then you've got cement in your tear ducts and you need to have them looked at, ASAP! We hear a lot about the loyal bond between dogs and their owners -- dogs finding their way home after years; dogs saving their owners from fires and heart attacks and taking bullets during robberies. From the overflowing files of Dogs Are So Much Better Than Humans comes another heartwarming story of a loving, loyal pooch. It all started when John Dolan lay in a Long Island hospital recovering from minor surgery ...

John's pooch, a white husky named Zander, who was "starved" when adopted by John and his wife seven years ago from a shelter, is a sentimental sort. "He's really needy and emotional," says Mrs. Dolan.

"He makes me feel loved and he knows I love him," says John. Sniff.

In fact, while John was in the hospital, Zander apparently moped around, and even lay on John's empty bed and chair, "depressed" and "crying." Aww, wouldn't it be nice if everyone got this upset when you were sick?

Then shortly into John's hospital stay, Zander went missing. He apparently has a bit of a history of escaping -- not suprisingly because Zander sounds like just the kind of tortured soul who needs his freedom, man.

John was lying in his hospital bed when a most unexpected call came in -- a man who said he had Zander. The man explained that he found Zander wandering the grounds where he worked. And where did the man work, do you say?

At the hospital! The very hospital where John lay that second.

Zander has not only escaped from his house but had walked the two miles -- which contained several busy roads -- to the hospital where John was recovering.

The Dolans think that Zander may have tracked John's scent. They swear they never had taken him to the hospital in the past. John says that Zander's loyalty to him is just beginning to sink in now, but he's touched and grateful to have such a loving pooch. John is now home, and so is Zander, and heaven forbid these two are ever separated again!

Has your pet ever shown unbelievable loyalty to you?

Click HERE to see video.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

aaww that's so cute..

MichelleK41
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Awwwww great story!  Yep our pets are rescued pets and they love us so much as we do them. They gift us with items they dig up. They also know when we have a down day and will come put their heads in our lap or lick us like crazy.

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

that's amazing!!

My dog is very loyal & protective of me & sometimes the kids..lOl..But mainly me.

She's a little dog but she thinks she's big. Haha She always goes after DH, when he tries to get near me. LOL

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

That's a good pooch :)

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Such an amazing dog!  My dogs (and horses too) are loyal, but they've done anything like that .

I once had a dog that jumped through the sliding back window of my truck and ran into a mall to find me.  He was very proud of himself when he found me.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Aww what a great story & furkid :)

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Nothing to this  act of task but they do say everlday just by the love we share.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM

she hasn't done anything that remarkable.

when i'm sick she senses it and wants to lay next to me.. When my daughter was a newborn every time she would cry my dog would come to me and bark. 

telecomgirl
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:09 AM

How cool is that! Awesome pet :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)