Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Holiday Vent..

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 26 Replies

So about a month ago my SIL e-mailed me and said that she had discussed the holidays with the other family.. So aparently we are just told what we are doing and it's not a question for us UGH!!  Ok oh well moving on.. Then she said you are hosting the Saturday before Christmas.. UUMM NO I'm not.. My family MIGHT be in town so that won't work if they are..  I will find out my families plans and I will let you know as soon as I know but my mom has to request time at work so it's not just making plans, it will take some time to get an answer..

well after 2 weeks she brougt up the holidays AGAIN..  UUMM can i just get through Halloween please.. UGH!!  i have talked to my family and they are working on getting answers..  She waited 2 more weeks and just asked me again.. So I told her that if she wanted to host and make plans then go for it but we still can't make plans or confirm that we would attend so we are still in a holding pattern..  She then tells me how busy they are well that's not my problem that's hers.. 

Thanksgiving has for the last 12 years been with my husbands family.. You tell me who's house and we'll bring a pie..

Christmas has ALWAYS been my families holiday and we try to plan a Roca Christmas when we can but it's ALWAYS chaning.  My SIL wants to ALWAYS keep it the same and do it on Christmas Eve but every other Christmas we aren't in town so that doesn't always work.  UGH..

Why is it always so stressful.. So my mom doesn't konw if she can get some time off at work and my Brother hasnt told me what his wife wants to do..

it's my husbands brothers wife that is annoying (he has 2 brothers but it's just one that's being annoying)..

I just wanted to VENT about it since my hubby doesn't have much to say LOL!! MEN hehehe.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Oh girl, I hate that for you.

I never have to worry about any of this..Even when we were DH's family in Montana, everyone just came to our place. Same thing here..Everyone comes here. 

Hope it all gets figured out and becomes less stressful for you.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

That's the thing my husbands family is coming here but we do a Roca Christmas NOT on Christmas day..  So we have to figure out a day that will work for ALL 4 families (my hubby is one of 3 and his parents)..  We are hosting but yet ONE of my SIL's wants to tell me when we are hosting and that's just not how it's going to work.  My parents might be in town on that day and my parents don't want to be part of Roca Christmas which is fine.. So, I need to find out from my family when they are coming and i'm NOT willing to stress them out..  I'm annoyed that the SIL who is telling me when we are doing stuff keeps asking me what's up.. It's F-ing October if you over book your weekends that's on you NOT on me.  I'm the ONLY one of the SIL's who has working parents.  My mom needs to request time off and it takes a while.. STOP BUGGING ME!!  :) :)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Oh girl, I hate that for you.

I never have to worry about any of this..Even when we were DH's family in Montana, everyone just came to our place. Same thing here..Everyone comes here. 

Hope it all gets figured out and becomes less stressful for you.

MorningStarMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I know exactly how you feel, every holiday is drama around here *sigh*  Hope it gets better for you.

WantedNameTaken
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM

DH and I don't bother with any of it.  We just "host" Thanksgiving and Christmas for our nuclear family and touch base with extended family via telephone.

I hope it gets better for you.  Please don't let someone tread on your right to decide when and how to celebrate.  It would make for a horrible family gathering if there's animosity in the air.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I'm trying NOT to let it get to me because the MOST important thing about the Holidays is being together with Family but family can be annoying LOL!!

Quoting MorningStarMom:

I know exactly how you feel, every holiday is drama around here *sigh*  Hope it gets better for you.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm just talking my brother and parents are coming at some point for Christmas day..  

then we plan Roca Christmas but my hubby has 2 brothers (he's the 3rd) and his parents but we all have young kids.  We don't plan anything for extended family..  Imagine how stressful  it would be if we did include extended family..  YIKES hahaha

Thanks I hope it gets better too.. Afterall the most important part of Christmas is just being together..

Quoting WantedNameTaken:

DH and I don't bother with any of it.  We just "host" Thanksgiving and Christmas for our nuclear family and touch base with extended family via telephone.

I hope it gets better for you.  Please don't let someone tread on your right to decide when and how to celebrate.  It would make for a horrible family gathering if there's animosity in the air.

boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I hate dealing with holidays. Last year I had just given birth to dd and didn't want to deal with my in laws but dh insisted on going. So this year, I insist on skipping it lol. My SIL already asked about thanksgiving and dh told her that we are doing our own this year, which I'm sure they'll have something to say about. I told dh I want to do christmas by ourselves and he's like, what about all her gifts? And I said, not worth it. I'd rather have our own celebration with less presents that deal with all that. So he's agreed, this holiday season is just ours. Next year is next year's battle lol

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM

We live 45 min away from my in laws (all of them) my hubbies parents and 2 brothers families ALL live in the same town.  My mother/father in law like to include other aunts on Thanksgiving and they live in the same town SO, we NEVER host Thanksgiving and that's FINE with me.. Apparently we are always going to host Christmas and that's FINE wth me too.  My issue is that this conversation started in early September AND that someone else thinks they are going to tell us when we are hosting.  That's my annoyance.  Oh and that I told her that I wouldn't know for a couple of months and every 2 weeks she keeps asking me UGH!!  I hope it works out for you too..

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I hate dealing with holidays. Last year I had just given birth to dd and didn't want to deal with my in laws but dh insisted on going. So this year, I insist on skipping it lol. My SIL already asked about thanksgiving and dh told her that we are doing our own this year, which I'm sure they'll have something to say about. I told dh I want to do christmas by ourselves and he's like, what about all her gifts? And I said, not worth it. I'd rather have our own celebration with less presents that deal with all that. So he's agreed, this holiday season is just ours. Next year is next year's battle lol

snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh! Hope you get it all sorted out I can't stand drama.......

mmeredith
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I'm so glad this year we decided that it will just be the 4 of us. No visiting my family or his. He hates mine and I hate his. So it works out well that we won't have to deal with all the in laws this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)