Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

So about a month ago my SIL e-mailed me and said that she had discussed the holidays with the other family.. So aparently we are just told what we are doing and it's not a question for us UGH!!  Ok oh well moving on.. Then she said you are hosting the Saturday before Christmas.. UUMM NO I'm not.. My family MIGHT be in town so that won't work if they are..  I will find out my families plans and I will let you know as soon as I know but my mom has to request time at work so it's not just making plans, it will take some time to get an answer..

well after 2 weeks she brougt up the holidays AGAIN..  UUMM can i just get through Halloween please.. UGH!!  i have talked to my family and they are working on getting answers..  She waited 2 more weeks and just asked me again.. So I told her that if she wanted to host and make plans then go for it but we still can't make plans or confirm that we would attend so we are still in a holding pattern..  She then tells me how busy they are well that's not my problem that's hers.. 

Thanksgiving has for the last 12 years been with my husbands family.. You tell me who's house and we'll bring a pie..

Christmas has ALWAYS been my families holiday and we try to plan a Roca Christmas when we can but it's ALWAYS chaning.  My SIL wants to ALWAYS keep it the same and do it on Christmas Eve but every other Christmas we aren't in town so that doesn't always work.  UGH..

Why is it always so stressful.. So my mom doesn't konw if she can get some time off at work and my Brother hasnt told me what his wife wants to do..

it's my husbands brothers wife that is annoying (he has 2 brothers but it's just one that's being annoying)..

I just wanted to VENT about it since my hubby doesn't have much to say LOL!! MEN hehehe.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be so sad for me..  I feel we should spend time with family.. You never know if tomorrow will come or if the people  you love will be here tomorrow.  I think we got it worked out but it's just annoying that his SIL is worrying about it in October..  UGH!! 

Quoting mmeredith:

I'm so glad this year we decided that it will just be the 4 of us. No visiting my family or his. He hates mine and I hate his. So it works out well that we won't have to deal with all the in laws this year.

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I have to agree.

I wish we could spend the holidays w/ DH's family.

My big dream is to have my family and his all living on our land in MT. Different houses, close together. It's gonna happen dangit!  LOL

I gotta say though, I think now is a good time to start planning for at least Thanksgiving. lOl..I know I am. :P It's not THAT far off now...It's almost mid-October already! :O

Quoting rocamom:

That would be so sad for me..  I feel we should spend time with family.. You never know if tomorrow will come or if the people  you love will be here tomorrow.  I think we got it worked out but it's just annoying that his SIL is worrying about it in October..  UGH!! 

Quoting mmeredith:

I'm so glad this year we decided that it will just be the 4 of us. No visiting my family or his. He hates mine and I hate his. So it works out well that we won't have to deal with all the in laws this year.

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I know how you feel..I have family members asking what are we doing and i have no idea just yet..I'm just trying to make it until the end of October and worry about the rest later..LOL!!

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I hate figuring that stuff out too. Of we didn't have kids I would just stop celebrating holidays, period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I hear ya, as much as I love my SIL we do like to stay home since we have children. Our door is always open to family and friends though and they know it. We do not insist on anyone coming, our southern style is we're celebrating and you're more than welcome to join us and that's all we say. =)

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Im so sorry. My sister likes to dictate the holidays for everyone and my mom just follows behind her agreeing.  My dh and I agreed years ago that if we didnt' want to play along with my sister's plans then we'd do our own thing. Some of my favorite holidays have been just us.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Ugh. You may have to say in a very polite voice "I'll tell you when I tell you" and leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:40 PM

well she just IM's me so i just said my mom has stuff going on and I can't tell you until her boss tells her if she can have time off..  I told her this in September.. Well actually in September I said, I have a 70 mile ride PLUS Emily's Birthday can I please get through BOTH of those before we even talk about Christmas.  That's when she told me I was hosting the Saturday before and I said "well what if that date doesn't work?  I might have family in town that day."  I just want to bitch slap these people.. In my husbands defense she isn't his family because it's his brothers wife HAHA..

Quoting psych_mom:

Ugh. You may have to say in a very polite voice "I'll tell you when I tell you" and leave it at that.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM
She sounds really pushy.

Quoting rocamom:

well she just IM's me so i just said my mom has stuff going on and I can't tell you until her boss tells her if she can have time off..  I told her this in September.. Well actually in September I said, I have a 70 mile ride PLUS Emily's Birthday can I please get through BOTH of those before we even talk about Christmas.  That's when she told me I was hosting the Saturday before and I said "well what if that date doesn't work?  I might have family in town that day."  I just want to bitch slap these people.. In my husbands defense she isn't his family because it's his brothers wife HAHA..

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM

We are having holiday drama here too.. but only because I am preggo and due December 11th.. We travel to my parents for the Holidays and I am not traveling for Thanksgiving this year. I will be 38 weeks.

My Aunt who plans Christmas eve dinner at my Grammas already asked if we would be there this year... UMM I honestly have no idea... probably not. And I dont see what the big deal is... the dinner is always the same and its very laid back she just chose this year to actually "plan"... I dont see me traveling 3+ hours with a baby who will be a few weeks old...at the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)