Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

So about a month ago my SIL e-mailed me and said that she had discussed the holidays with the other family.. So aparently we are just told what we are doing and it's not a question for us UGH!!  Ok oh well moving on.. Then she said you are hosting the Saturday before Christmas.. UUMM NO I'm not.. My family MIGHT be in town so that won't work if they are..  I will find out my families plans and I will let you know as soon as I know but my mom has to request time at work so it's not just making plans, it will take some time to get an answer..

well after 2 weeks she brougt up the holidays AGAIN..  UUMM can i just get through Halloween please.. UGH!!  i have talked to my family and they are working on getting answers..  She waited 2 more weeks and just asked me again.. So I told her that if she wanted to host and make plans then go for it but we still can't make plans or confirm that we would attend so we are still in a holding pattern..  She then tells me how busy they are well that's not my problem that's hers.. 

Thanksgiving has for the last 12 years been with my husbands family.. You tell me who's house and we'll bring a pie..

Christmas has ALWAYS been my families holiday and we try to plan a Roca Christmas when we can but it's ALWAYS chaning.  My SIL wants to ALWAYS keep it the same and do it on Christmas Eve but every other Christmas we aren't in town so that doesn't always work.  UGH..

Why is it always so stressful.. So my mom doesn't konw if she can get some time off at work and my Brother hasnt told me what his wife wants to do..

it's my husbands brothers wife that is annoying (he has 2 brothers but it's just one that's being annoying)..

I just wanted to VENT about it since my hubby doesn't have much to say LOL!! MEN hehehe.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (21-26):
mmeredith
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

It will be more enjoyable for us not to visit with family. I'm glad you have it worked out though. Good luck with SIL, mine's just awful!!!

Quoting rocamom:

That would be so sad for me..  I feel we should spend time with family.. You never know if tomorrow will come or if the people  you love will be here tomorrow.  I think we got it worked out but it's just annoying that his SIL is worrying about it in October..  UGH!! 

Quoting mmeredith:

I'm so glad this year we decided that it will just be the 4 of us. No visiting my family or his. He hates mine and I hate his. So it works out well that we won't have to deal with all the in laws this year.

rocamom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM

My husband has 2 brothers who are married and I have 1 brother who is married and I don't mind any of them however they have their moments..  My brother's wife can be a bit controlling but they have been together 9 years so I'm learning to deal with her..  They picked who they picked.. If I had to deal with my extended family I would need more wine :)

Quoting mmeredith:

It will be more enjoyable for us not to visit with family. I'm glad you have it worked out though. Good luck with SIL, mine's just awful!!!

Quoting rocamom:

That would be so sad for me..  I feel we should spend time with family.. You never know if tomorrow will come or if the people  you love will be here tomorrow.  I think we got it worked out but it's just annoying that his SIL is worrying about it in October..  UGH!! 

Quoting mmeredith:

I'm so glad this year we decided that it will just be the 4 of us. No visiting my family or his. He hates mine and I hate his. So it works out well that we won't have to deal with all the in laws this year.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Luckily we haven't had that problem in a couple of years.  We usually visited half of my family on Christmas Eve, the other half on Christmas morning and then his family that evening.  Same way with Thanksgiving.  Now his family is out of the equation.

I wished though, that we could just have a simple (smaller) holiday here with our little family that we've got.  ::sigh::  LOL

marisab
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Awww sorry for you but at least you hgave family for the holiday mea nd the kids really have no one  here  since my hubby took ill ;-(

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM

A bit soon for this discussion is right ::sigh::
Sure hope it gets worked out & everyone is happy <wink>

mammabear413
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM

hi im new to the group. we do notgo anywhere on holidays , i host it at my house and who ever wans to come can , we dont leave the house on christmas day. we make everyone come to us lol.  and thank goodness my in laws live  in a diff state 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN