Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Stuffing boxes for Soldiers!!

Posted by   + Show Post

First Emily got to draw on the inside of a box..

Then we met with Soldier Siddal..  He was SO NICE.. This is my daughters Daisy troop.

Emily with her box full of goodies :) Isn't it beautiful?

Emily really got INTO It HAHAHA...  She decorated the inside of the bottom of the box LOL!

Then she made a card to put on top inside the box..

This is just a SMALL section of the boxes that we filled today..

I couldn't be more proud that her daisy troop volunteered at this event.  I have always wanted to stuff boxes but was never really sure on how to get involved.. I can't wait to do this again next year. WOO HOO!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

or if you have a national gaurd place near you, you could ask there.

Quoting psych_mom:

Contact the USO, they should be able to tell you.

Quoting rocamom:

WOW yeah, that is SO sad..  I wonder if I could get my son to be a pen pal with one of them. HHMM any clue on how I could get a name of a soldier over there for him to write to??
HHMM you have my mind racing now..

Quoting psych_mom:

I agree. Even a letter is better than nothing but some don't even get that.

Quoting rocamom:

I can't imagine my husband being away and NOT sending him anything.. That's pretty messed up..

Quoting psych_mom:

It really is- there are a lot. When I would send candy and things like that to my ex when he was deployed I would always send a lot so that he could share with all the guys because some had wives that never sent anything at all. I couldn't be that cold. They couldn't say it was because they didn't have money- my ex wasn't very high in rank and we were barely scarping by but I would always set a little aside to make sure he had something.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

And its amazingly sad to know just how many don't have someone back home to care enough to send them something here and there!

Quoting psych_mom:

This is fantastic. As a former Navy wife and the daughter of a retired soldier I know they appreciate everything they get, especially the guys that don't have family sending them stuff. These boxes can make all the difference to them.

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I could never imagine being seperated from someone I loved (especially if I was married) and not writing letters, or sending a package everytime I scaped enough money to send something. And its their HUSBAND WHOS PROTECTING THEIR FREEDOM THEY DONT SEND STUFF TO.
I CANT FATHOM NOT SENDING SOMETHING!!!
We adopted 2 soldiers thru the local country radio station who was doing adopt a soldier for Christmas one year and they were random guys we sent stuff to. Ive even sent random thank you cards to random people in the military for thanks and WIVES DONT SEND STUFF TO HUSBANDS???

Quoting psych_mom:

It really is- there are a lot. When I would send candy and things like that to my ex when he was deployed I would always send a lot so that he could share with all the guys because some had wives that never sent anything at all. I couldn't be that cold. They couldn't say it was because they didn't have money- my ex wasn't very high in rank and we were barely scarping by but I would always set a little aside to make sure he had something.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

And its amazingly sad to know just how many don't have someone back home to care enough to send them something here and there!

Quoting psych_mom:

This is fantastic. As a former Navy wife and the daughter of a retired soldier I know they appreciate everything they get, especially the guys that don't have family sending them stuff. These boxes can make all the difference to them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

What a wonderful thing the troop did!

psych_mom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

It was always sad to hear about those guys. I think we may do some Christmas cards this year. There are always ships out to sea, even when we aren't at war, and those guys could always use Christmas cards.

Quoting Jenn8604:

I could never imagine being seperated from someone I loved (especially if I was married) and not writing letters, or sending a package everytime I scaped enough money to send something. And its their HUSBAND WHOS PROTECTING THEIR FREEDOM THEY DONT SEND STUFF TO.
We adopted 2 soldiers thru the local country radio station who was doing adopt a soldier for Christmas one year and they were random guys we sent stuff to. Ive even sent random thank you cards to random people in the military for thanks and WIVES DONT SEND STUFF TO HUSBANDS???

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
is there anyway to know who isnt getting cards and send to them?

Quoting psych_mom:

It was always sad to hear about those guys. I think we may do some Christmas cards this year. There are always ships out to sea, even when we aren't at war, and those guys could always use Christmas cards.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM
I am not sure if they know who wouldn't be.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM
No one would notice during mail call and make a list. I would. But Im the kinda person who does stuff like that and goes outta my way to think of others and make sure they are happy. If I noticed who had gotten only a few cards so far and it was a couple wks before xmas id fb or email my friends and ask them to send cards even if they are late it works. think theres anyone like that? I know the army lets the guys use their laptops my friend J had his in Afghanistan when he was there for a yr and he chatted w me almost everyday for 4 montha straight.
Quoting psych_mom:

I am not sure if they know who wouldn't be.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.E.Langlands
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM
So touching. As a former new military wife I sent my husband a 2lb wooden presentation box of marzipan fruits or sweets (unbreakable and no crumbs). It was so big that he shared all of it with his friends and it put him off marzipan forever!
Mommyof2114
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM
How wonderful!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN