Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

source

• If Barbie were an actual women, she would be 5'9" tall, have a 39" bust, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe.
• Barbie calls this a "full figure" and likes her weight at 110 lbs.
• At 5'9" tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate.
• If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Replies (11-17):
MorningStarMom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

that doll looks scary.

this.wayyy creepy.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM

There are lots of women that have a BMI lower than 16.24 that are healthy- they exercise and eat right. This life size doll was made to bring awareness to eating disorders, but I don't think we can blame Barbie for that- I think it has to do with the media and Hollywood's emphasis on everyone needing to be a size 0.

Mommyof2114
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Lol funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evansmommy03
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Love it!

gmadiane
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

oh my

VintageWife
by Tiffany on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Listen, I'm a 31 yr old woman that played with Barbie everyday for the first half of my life. I'm overweight so Barbie didn't make me anorexic. I'm unattractive (to societies standards) but won't get surgery to "fix" it so Barbie didn't make me feel the need to change myself. I haven't slept with half the world and I've been married for 10+ yrs so she didn't make me a slut either.

Hmmm...what is the point people are always trying to make about her?

psych_mom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I think people like to blame her for everyone's insecurities. My dd plays with Barbies and doesn't have any desire to look like her. She's a doll and nothing more.

Quoting VintageWife:

Listen, I'm a 31 yr old woman that played with Barbie everyday for the first half of my life. I'm overweight so Barbie didn't make me anorexic. I'm unattractive (to societies standards) but won't get surgery to "fix" it so Barbie didn't make me feel the need to change myself. I haven't slept with half the world and I've been married for 10+ yrs so she didn't make me a slut either.

Hmmm...what is the point people are always trying to make about her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)