Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Kids and Technology...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 22 Replies

As the kid gets older i waffle back and forth about what technology is really needed. 

Do your children have all the latest technology?

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorningStarMom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM

My kids are only 2 & 4...I will not allow them to have all of the latest technology until they are well into their teen years, and even then everything they do on the computers, or games, or phones etc. will be monitored...

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Nope. They are 5 & 3--there's no tech gadget out there that they NEED. 

Now just to have for pleasure--That's another story. We don't try to keep up with the latest and greatest. We have what we have and if it still works, then hey, that's good enough for us.

ETA --WE (dh & I) have the gadgets--not the kids. lOl..We just let them play on them from time to time.

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

JLah
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

My son will be and has none of his own. He will use my laptop to go on abcmouse.com.

I see no reason for a young child to have an ipod ipad and such.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

My kids are much older & have it all :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

ChancesMommy07
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM

My son is 5 and has an iPad.

telecomgirl
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Not us....not while they're this small. They'll have an entire lifetime of the newest and best technology at their fingertips, starting from gradeschool (they let the kids use iPads and laptops...crazy! lol) . I want them to just be kids and use their imaginations while they're this little....especially at home :)

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Absolutely not.  We have ONE TV in the whole house.  The game systems that we have are the ORIGINAL Nintendo, Sega Genesis and a Game Cube that has seen better days.  None are even hooked up LOL.

DD gets computer time when she has behaved extra well.  We don't even  have cell phones (for now) LOL.  She can listen to mommy's old iPod shuffle sometimes but it's got to be a special occasion because she has a habit of losing things...  SMH.  And we don't have a reader or a tablet (or anything like that) in the house at all.

...she's deprived, I'm tellin' ya!  ;)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Mine is 8 and still doesn't have a TV in her room..

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Absolutely not.  We have ONE TV in the whole house.  The game systems that we have are the ORIGINAL Nintendo, Sega Genesis and a Game Cube that has seen better days.  None are even hooked up LOL.

DD gets computer time when she has behaved extra well.  We don't even  have cell phones (for now) LOL.  She can listen to mommy's old iPod shuffle sometimes but it's got to be a special occasion because she has a habit of losing things...  SMH.  And we don't have a reader or a tablet (or anything like that) in the house at all.

...she's deprived, I'm tellin' ya!  ;)

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM

My boys are 14, 4 and 3. My oldest has a laptop that he got from my niece. It barely works but enough for him to use. He has had cell phones that were nice but he's either lost or didn't take care of them so now he doesn't have one and won't be getting another one from us any time soon.

My 4 and 3 year old don't have anything of their own but they do use my ipad and dh and my phones. They also use the wii.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Oh and my 14 year old has a TV that he got for Christmas and an x-box that his father sent him for Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN