Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 16: Give Your Home a New Feel!

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your home decor need an update or maybe just a few new items to change it up a little bit? Today's challenge is to give your home a new feel!

Here are a few examples of styles and new trends you could consider - Modern Glamour, New Romantic, and Nomadic Chic.

simple smile

Is your home decorated in a certain style or does each room have its own unique decor? If you could restyle your home, what would you do?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
Aurorasmom
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

lots of different shades of tans and merlot accents throughout my house.  i dig the inside :)

alnilam
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I'm quite eclectic so my home is a mixture of styles and somehow it all works together, I am in the process of new window treatments, throw pillows ect adding a bit more rich colors from my new area rug so Im tying in the olive, garnet and antique gold its really adding warmth to the room

shishie
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM

traditional

frankiesma530
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I want some different picture frames and a bad ass wall clock. We don`t really have a theme or style that we decorate in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

We're in the process of moving, so right now the theme is mid-packing. The house we're buying in a 40s bungalow so I'm going to do a retro vibe in the living room.  The kitchen will have a rooster/chicken motif, penguins in the bathroom.  Our room will be jewel box toned refuge.  Skid's room will be up to him.  He said he'd like to paint it a deep red.

cowgirls10181
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM
My home by the time we buy one or build, I should have corridinating rooms, (with used denum) from hubbys work pants. From the living room which is outdoors, to the rainbow kitchen to the kids rooms, which will have some denim here and there, to help the theme flow through the house. So far i have 3 living room decorations, and one for the wall, and 20 pair of pants to cut up. With 3 pair a month it builds up quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM
We were just in a rooster nest, lol kitchen, the base color was barn red with white trim, loved it. Just thought i would share. I kinda miss the roosters so i bought a rooster slow cooker last week, hubby laughed..

Quoting pampire:

We're in the process of moving, so right now the theme is mid-packing. The house we're buying in a 40s bungalow so I'm going to do a retro vibe in the living room.  The kitchen will have a rooster/chicken motif, penguins in the bathroom.  Our room will be jewel box toned refuge.  Skid's room will be up to him.  He said he'd like to paint it a deep red.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
philsmom196
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

i live in a shoebox, am trying to get bigger housing, the home organizer says its the only solution. i did update with a "hutch" added to a table it provides vertical space. plus i added, decorated with valances, it gives my curtains a "homey" warmth.sewing

lynettemommie4
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM

well we just moved and i redid a few things when we moved. Im still working on the living room and kitchen. Trying to decide what im doing at the entryway.

MTATMA
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I'm style challenged. I have no style. But I would love my bedroom to be yellow and gray.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)