Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Were you "spoiled" as a kid?

How about now..Do people call you "spoiled"?

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (11-15):
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 6:45 PM

LOL

my husband was an only child for 12 years. I love hearing his mom and aunties in South Dakota talk about how spoiled he was..LOL

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Yeah I was spoiled! lol... I was an only child! Come on now :)

Find me on Pinterest & check out my blog =)

Follow Me on Pinterest 

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I was an only child, and I was a daddy's girl, but my parent's were also fairly strict.  I didn't get everything I wanted just because I wanted it; most of my friends has bikes long before I did .. they both worked & they were afraid I'd get hurt while they weren't home, so I didn't get one for a long time.  But then again, I did get spoiled in other ways ... my dad let me join a record club when I turned 13 (until I was 18) & he paid the bill for that every month, as well as several book clubs ... things like that.  My mom work as an asst. buyer for a major dept store & got a nice discount, but she still wouldn't allow me to go crazy and buy clothes all the time, nor would she let me buy overly expensive ones just because she got a discount.  They did however spoil me when it came to giving me lots of love, affection & their support, right up until the days of their deaths. My 1st dh never spoiled me either, not with possessions, attention, support or anything - I actually got more support (I'm not talking financial) after we divorced here.  My 2nd - current - spoils me in the support area, he supports me in all ways possible ... he is here for me no matter what and that is the best kind of 'spoiling' I could ever ask for!

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM

yes. I was very spoiled. I asked my grandfather for a pony and he got me a pony lol I didn't alway get my way/wants when I wanted them but if they could be done or if I deserved them (by being responsible/good) then they'd do it for me.

Now a days I'm still very spoiled. I never have extreme wishes/wants but for example, I told my mom I wanted a Keurig - I'm getting one for Christmas. My shower just recently broke - I called my dad since Dh couldn't fix it and he came straight out fixed it and paid for the new part since we didn't have the money.

My parents both say "Not Spoiled, just LOVED" lol

offrdngal
by Terri on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

My sisters love to tell everyone that I was spoiled.  I had just as little as they did and I got yelled at more than they did...so I don't know how they figure this.  I can't imagine why I don't speak to them...ok..this is just one of many reasons why. 

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

When I think of spoiled, I think of it as an attitude.  I got the material items that I wanted when I was a kid, but I wasn't spoiled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)