Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Thanksgiving food traditions

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
  • 33 Replies

Do you eat the same foods each year for Thanksgiving? or do you make and eat new things?

Growing up, we ate the same thing, every.single.year. lol  It was always turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, rolls, green bean casserole, yams w/ marshmallows lol, and pumpkin pie for dessert. My mom NEVER strayed from that menu, not even once! hahaha

I love exploring new tastes and traditions now that I'm an adult.

What about you all?

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

We follow the same menu but we also have something new occasionally. I am thinking of making a new dessert this year.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

.I like to mix it up a try different things, as well as our old favorites.. My favorite is turducken(turkey stuffed with duck and hen)..It's very tasty,

SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Mainly the same stuff with a new item or two if we feel like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

We follow the same menu but we also have something new occasionally. I am thinking of making a new dessert this year.

Yum!  I'd like to as well I think....I'd like to make something other than a pie. Well, with the pie, I mean. I won't give up my pumpkin pie ;)

telecomgirl
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

.I like to mix it up a try different things, as well as our old favorites.. My favorite is turducken(turkey stuffed with duck and hen)..It's very tasty,

I've never had that before. My dh has, he said he really loved it!

PEEK05
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I've never made a Thanksgiving dinner.  Thanksgiving is always done by either my mom or MIL.  This year is with my mom. :) I look forward to her deviled eggs.

telecomgirl
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Mainly the same stuff with a new item or two if we feel like it.

....do you feel like it this year? or not sure yet?

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting telecomgirl:

Quoting inmybizz:

I've never had that before. My dh has, he said he really loved it!

it's good!!..You have to try it.

telecomgirl
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PEEK05:

I've never made a Thanksgiving dinner.  Thanksgiving is always done by either my mom or MIL.  This year is with my mom. :) I look forward to her deviled eggs.

Oh my goodness, delicious! I love deviled eggs!

I also have never made a full Thanksgiving dinner. I think hosting would be fun, but it looks like SO much work! haha

psych_mom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Can't give up the pumpkin pie!

Quoting telecomgirl:

Quoting psych_mom:

Yum!  I'd like to as well I think....I'd like to make something other than a pie. Well, with the pie, I mean. I won't give up my pumpkin pie ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)