Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life
My sister just gave us a bed. It was the guest bedroom bed, it's a king, it's barely been slept on with a three inch pillow top. Unfortunately they smoke inside. A lot. I''ve tried febreeze. Like... five bottles of it. Nothing. A friend said try coffee grind. Now it just smells like an old man's truck. I'm thinking of getting a mattress cover if nothing works.

Has anyone had success with getting the smell of cigarette smoke out of upholsteredf frniture?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (11-19):
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I agree w/PP vinegar, baking soda, sunshine.

BannerElkHogans
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM

airwick,glade or any other sented smelly good device- plug it in the room with the bed an leave it ..........u come back 5 hours laTER AN IT SMELLS GREAT.......my husband loves the new car smell...ha ha ha......

MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I hate that smell :(
When we come home from my in laws we always leave our clothes outside for a few hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Were you able to get it out ?

darbyakeep45
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:12 AM

These ladies have some great ideas!  Good luck!

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:17 PM

did anything help???

coreilly89
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Yeah... they use an ozonizer. Its costs about 200 a day to rent a mini and you can't be in the house while it's on.

Quoting QuiltLover:

I agree with putting it outside, also put some charcoal in a pan under the bed, it absorbs odors. I am wondering if you contacted those people that clean up after a fire in your house, you know they would have to have something to rid the smoke smell after a fire. I also would go the extra expense of buying 2 really thick mattress pads and I would put one on both the box springs and the mattress..if all else fails..buy a new one.

coreilly89
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM
No and we can't put it outside. We have an apartment

Quoting darbyakeep45:

These ladies have some great ideas!  Good luck!

LexRi0709
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Its going to be expensive, but its called ozone. Its a spray sold with the car care products. Its like $5 for a little arisol bottle but it takes the smell of smoke out. I use it in my car and on my clothes when I smoke.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)