Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 yo's teacher made me cry today

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

We had our parent/teacher conference and she told us all about his progress and how well he is doing, what areas he needs work in, how everyone in his class just loves him, etc. I told her all about how impressed I am with her. Heck, we got to sit in their class the other day and the woman is AMAZING with kids. I just can't explain how good she is. Regardless, it was a really good meeting! Then at the end she said she had one more thing to tell us.

I'm thinking "Uh oh. What on earth could be left? What did he do or what does he REALLY need work on?" And she tells us that she will be leaving because she got another job that she really wants. It's still in the school system and we'll actually probably see her at our other kid's school because she will be working with special needs areas and that is where our other kid is.

I immediately started crying though. My kid just loves her and I'm telling you I am beyond impressed with her. It was like a first grade flashback for me when I found out that my first grade teacher was leaving. =( I was able to compose myself before we left, but not before making her cry too. LOL! But I started crying in the car and I'm about to again. I'm SO sad.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleigh24
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
O no I hate when that happens :( my dd's kindergarten teacher was awesome and I would have cried too if she left. She did leave after the school year was over though. I know the teacher's hate to leave their kiddos too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvUSoMuch
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally understandable!! Great teachers are extremely hard to find. When is she leaving?? That is so sad!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww that is too bad,
You never know though .. the new one may be just as good as the one he has now.
Do let us know :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww!! hopefully the next teacher will be just as good/likable.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh that is heartbreaking but you just need to be happy for her.. It's not easy at all.. 

Hopefully her replacement will be just as wonderful..

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.  I was sad when Maddy graduated from Pre-K because her teacher was so awesome!  (hugs)

psych_mom
by Stacy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh that just stinks- but it's also great that someone that is so wonderful with kids is going to be working with special needs students. If that is where her heart really is, think of how great it is that your other child gets to work with someone that cares so much. We hear so many horror stories about special needs students getting abused and this is someone that really cares about them.

SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be the same way if my DD's teacher moved on.

Wonderful teachers can be hard to find. ((HUGS))

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM

She is not sure yet because they have to find her replacement but she thinks it will be before December is over. 

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Totally understandable!! Great teachers are extremely hard to find. When is she leaving?? That is so sad!

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Yeah, I know. I forced myself to smile and say congratulations because I AM happy for HER. =)

Quoting rocamom:

Oh that is heartbreaking but you just need to be happy for her.. It's not easy at all.. 

Hopefully her replacement will be just as wonderful..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)