Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 yo's teacher made me cry today

Posted by   + Show Post

We had our parent/teacher conference and she told us all about his progress and how well he is doing, what areas he needs work in, how everyone in his class just loves him, etc. I told her all about how impressed I am with her. Heck, we got to sit in their class the other day and the woman is AMAZING with kids. I just can't explain how good she is. Regardless, it was a really good meeting! Then at the end she said she had one more thing to tell us.

I'm thinking "Uh oh. What on earth could be left? What did he do or what does he REALLY need work on?" And she tells us that she will be leaving because she got another job that she really wants. It's still in the school system and we'll actually probably see her at our other kid's school because she will be working with special needs areas and that is where our other kid is.

I immediately started crying though. My kid just loves her and I'm telling you I am beyond impressed with her. It was like a first grade flashback for me when I found out that my first grade teacher was leaving. =( I was able to compose myself before we left, but not before making her cry too. LOL! But I started crying in the car and I'm about to again. I'm SO sad.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Replies (11-17):
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I agree. She basically specializes in the special needs area so it's really where she belongs. It's  her "calling" in life!

Quoting psych_mom:

Oh that just stinks- but it's also great that someone that is so wonderful with kids is going to be working with special needs students. If that is where her heart really is, think of how great it is that your other child gets to work with someone that cares so much. We hear so many horror stories about special needs students getting abused and this is someone that really cares about them.

BabiiYarellie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
She left because she finally got the job she REALLY wanted.... which is teaching special needs kids. Wow. She is amazing :) <3 Im happy to hear that there still are teachers who give a damn. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:20 PM

STOP STOP, you're going to make me cry some more. LOL! It's so doggone bittersweet!

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

She left because she finally got the job she REALLY wanted.... which is teaching special needs kids. Wow. She is amazing :) <3 Im happy to hear that there still are teachers who give a damn. :)

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
It's nice to find a good teacher.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
telecomgirl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww :(

I would feel the exact same way if my son's teacher left. She's one of the best  teachers I have ever met.

I really hope the next teacher is just as wonderful and just as great with kids!

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM

(((( It will be ok! Hugs)))

Aleta775
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Awwww. I think I would be really sad too. My dd's preschool teacher is amazing. She has 25 years of experience with preschoolers, and my dd just loves her to pieces. I think I would break down and cry if she had to leave. My dd would be heart broken.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)