Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

is it a good idea or no!?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: now the question is should i move out to florida with my kids or stay in new york and keep trying?

Options:

stay in NY and keep trying??

move to florida?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

long story short, i live in ny and for the last 2 years ive been job hunting. i have 2 beautiful daughters(one is 3 and the other one is 6 months) and i live in a small apartment with my father. my bf works but doesnt make enuff to support us completely, and i cant get any help except wic from the state. so now my mom is moving to florida in 2months and said i can go with her and she will help me with the roof over our heads and my cousin can help  me get a job. if i move, imma move for a little until my bf and i decide we ready to get a place and move in together. unless he decided to move to another state which for me sounds better. p.s keep in mind my 3 year has alot of friends here and loves them all here. 

UPDATE so i've decided to stay in newyork, as much as i will miss my mother i will have somewhere to go vacation now. my kids will not be able to live without their father and i wont take that away from them. and i will cont. my search for jobs here. thank you soo much everyone

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

It's really a personal decision where you move.  My only suggestion is that you look harder and smarter for a job. Two years is a long time to be unemployed, especially since you've committed responsibility for two other lives.

SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

It's a big desicion to do something like this.

Are your chances of finding work in Florida higher than they are in NY? have you looked into the job situation there? Maybe put in apps online before hand and maybe set up interviews before you go, if you're going to go.

IDK what to tell you but whatever you choose, I hope it works out for you and your family =)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM

How is the job market for what you are interested in like in FL?.  I would definitely start investigating the job market in FL. If it's not any better than NY maybe you should reevaluate. 

salviniata23
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM

your right ladies thank you very much! 

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I think if I could move and both my hubby and I would have jobs then I would go.  If things are going to be the same no matter where you go then I probably wouldn't move.. GOOD LUCK making your decision..

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I'm with these girls! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I agree with the others,
However if it looks like Florida would be better for a job then maybe go.
2 years is a long time to have looked and found nothing.
Good luck & let us know what you decide :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)